SIN: GoGo Franks

"Asian Tasting Sausages" :P


UPDATE (26/11/2014): I'd been thinking of giving the sausages another try before I departed for Hanoi, Vietnam the other day, and eventually discovered that the kiosk at Changi Aiport has closed down. I know that there's also a kiosk at AMK Hub.


I've finally got a bit of time to spare tonight, and so I shall update this blog (finally!) with something 'light'. I've seen GoGo Franks outlets around Singapore for quite some time, but I just tried their delightful sausages at Changi Airport before I went back home last week.



5'' Sausage Bun S$3.00
(+S$3.00 to complete the meal which includes sausage balls and a drink)
Taste: 7/10

I ordered the 5'' Sausage Bun set for breakfast. Priced at S$6 per set, surely it wasn't a cheap breakfast, but why not for something new? :P Well, I think I've said before in one of my previous blog entries that I'm a tomato sauce lover. Yet, that day, my brain told my mouth to ask for mustard only to go with my sausage bun so that I could taste the sausage better. I ordered the mushroom sausage bun. It was good, although not entirely special. The smoky taste of the sausage went well with the soft bun. By the way, they've got a variety of sausage flavours to choose from.


Sausage Balls
Taste: 7/10

The set came with 5 pieces of assorted sausage balls. The sausage balls didn't come with name tags, so I had to guess what flavours did I get. They seemed to be mushroom, cheesy chicken, satay, black pepper and char siew (Chinese BBQ pork). Hopefully I got all of them right. The satay sausage ball was really scrumptious; it had just the right degree of sweetness with a strong, nutty taste.

 

Lemongrass Lemon Drink
Taste: 7.5/10 

The beverage was the highlight of the day. Never before in my life had I tasted a drink made of lemongrass extract, topped with the freshness of lemon. Pika's advice: The drink indeed retained a tinge of rawness of the lemongrass, although it was mostly masked by the lemon. If you're not a fan of sugar cane drink, perhaps this beverage won't work for you either.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10

Similar to my entry on Indonesian Panggang, since the outlet isn't a restaurant, I'll only give a rating for the food. If I were to rate the ambience of Changi Airport, I'd say 10/10!:D


GoGo Franks
 
80 Airport Boulevard
Changi Airport Terminal 1
Departure / Transit Lounge East
Singapore
(Daily: 6.00am - 12 midnight)

http://gogofranks.caronaholdings.com/
 
*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market