SIN: You & Mee Noodle Place {CLOSED}

No-frills Indonesian style noodle! 

UPDATE (06/01/2020): The eatery has closed down.

I'm going to do a review on Indonesian style noodle again. I chanced upon this small eatery, flooded with office people during lunchtime. when I went to United Square. Indeed, it has been a while since I went to this mall. The last time was in 2008 on the Ben and Jerry's Free Cone Day haha...

 

Mee Ayam S$4.80
Taste: 7/10

The dish was somewhat similar to the bowl of noodle from Bakmi GM in my previous post with chicken (skin removed) and mushroom slices, and chye sim (Chinese mustard green), with the addition of fried shallots. The noodle was springy, and the amount of oil used was just nice to keep the noodle moist. It came with a bowl of soup with a generous amount of garlic and spring onions. Yummy! But still, it couldn't beat Bakmi GM's noodle haha...


Pika's advice: See the picture above? For a more adventurous feel, try the various chili condiments! I personally like the nutty chili, although it supposedly would go better with mee kangkung (lit. noodle with water spinach). I would also add one or two drops of vinegar to the noodle for a kick.

 

Honey Lemon Tea S$1.20
Taste: 7/10

It wasn't an industrially produced drink. The tea was fragrant, but more honey would be very much welcomed.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 4/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 6/10

Nope, you won't come here for the ambience because the eatery is too small. The tables are cramped, and you'll find yourself sitting on a wooden stool, hearing to every single conservation from all directions without having to eavesdrop. In my case, it was tolerable though. Although you have to get your own food, I believe the waitresses would be prompt enough to call you when you haven't noticed that your food is ready and to clear the tables. So yeah, not bad.

You & Mee Noodle Place

101 Thomson Road
#B1-03 United Square
Singapore
(Mon-Fri: 11.00am - 9.00pm; Sat: 10.00am - 9.00pm; Sun: 10.00am - 8.00pm)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, Cliff, I'm from Indonesia too. I think you should try this noodle at 271 Syed Alwi Road, The Beef House. It's surprisingly almost tasted like bakmi GM, without the chili - it would be more than enough if they have bakmi GM's chili. And you have to come early because they finish early too.
You can see the pic on http://www.camemberu.com/2007/07/beef-house-hakka-style-beef-balls.html
Cheers,
I'm also a noodle 'aficionado' :D
Hi Mr. Anonymous, thanks for the info! I'll try it out when I've got free time. :)

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)