SIN: OldTown White Coffee

Satisfactory white coffee, I guess... :P

I rarely had breakfast outside, but the other day I had to wake up early for an appointment and so I dropped by OldTown White Coffee at Suntec City Mall. My friend helped me order one of the breakfast sets which had kaya toast, soft-boiled egg and white coffee.


Since my friend paid for the meal, I'm not exactly sure how much does the set cost, but I think it's S$3.90. Somehow the set wasn't reflected in the menu that I browsed through while waiting for the food to come. Anyway, I'll just list down the individual price of each food item. 


Kaya & Butter Toast (Single) S$1.20
Taste: 5.5/10

Truth be told, the toast looked way less appetising than the picture in the menu. Moreover, the toast wasn't hot (not even warm!). However, the kaya was nice and it had the right degree of sweetness, but I was expecting more butter in the toast. Well, I guess the toast would still pass the test, albeit barely.


Omega Soft-Boiled Egg S$2.20
Taste: 6.5/10

To be honest, I can't differentiate between a normal and an omega-3 enriched egg. Anyway, the egg was done pretty well, but it was only barely warm when it came to the table. The slightly sweet dark soy sauce made the soft-boiled egg enjoyable.


OldTown White Coffee (Hot) S$2.20
Taste: 7/10

Thank God the white coffee was warm enough for me to enjoy, but it turned cold easily in the air-conned place (and it was raining cats and dogs the other day). The coffee was delightfully frothy, neither watered-down nor it wasn't too sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6.5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 5.5/10
Overall: 6.5/10

The auntie who served us the other day wasn't very friendly, and oh, I forgot to mention that the toast came out pretty late. Pika's advice: Skip the breakfast set and try other dishes instead for lunch or dinner. I've heard people saying that the hor fun (Chinese flat rice noodle) is quite good. :P

OldTown White Coffee

3 Temasek Boulevard
#01-429/430/432 Suntec City Mall
Singapore
(Daily: 7.00am - 10.00pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market