FRA: Choco Story

It's a chocolate museum!

I didn't know there exists a chocolate museum in Paris until I saw its pamphlet in the hostel I stayed. I was glad I could convince some friends to come with me to the museum. By paying an additional €3.00 (~S$5.25) to the entrance fee, you'll get a cup of hot chocolate drink at the end of the visit. The chocolate block was dunked into a cup of hot milk until it melted. Here's the interesting part... Have you ever tried the original Aztec recipe? Continue reading to find out!


Hazelnut Chocolate Drink
Taste: 7.5/10

As there were four of us visiting the museum that day, we got to taste four out of the six different flavours offered (leaving behind the more common dark and milk chocolate). Each cup was served piping hot. The taste of the hazelnut was really strong, but it was a tad too sweet for my liking.

Cinnamon Chocolate Drink
Taste: 8/10

The aroma of the cinnamon wafting out of the drink was enough to keep me awake. I loved this one very much due to the really nice aftertaste as the cinnamon lingered in my mouth for quite some time.

Spanish Chocolate Drink
Taste: 8/10

The Spanish recipe has spices such as pepper, cinnamon and cloves. It was nice with a hint of pepper that made the drink exciting.

Aztec Chocolate Drink
Taste: 7/10

If I'm not mistaken, the Spanish recipe has more spices than the Aztec recipe. So what exactly distinguishes this Aztec recipe? The answer is CHILI! Yes, that fruit of the plant bearing the name Capsicum as the genus in the binomial nomenclature! While it didn't taste bad, I felt that it was kinda weird after drinking a few sips, especially with the chili slightly burning my tongue while the dark chocolate simultaneously giving out a sweet sensation. It just tasted surreal.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10

I've got no idea how to label this post, so I shall just put the label 'France' for now. Pika's advice: Do set aside some time to visit this small, humble museum when you're in Paris! It's really worth it!

Choco Story

28 Boulevard Bonne Nouvelle
Paris
France
(Daily: 10.00am - 6.00pm)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]