FRA: Le Bellagio

Dreaming of another bite of raspberry chocolate cake :P

This entry features another quick meal that I had in Marseille. However, while most of my friends ordered sandwiches, I tried to diverge from the majority and instead ordered the two following items for lunch.


Quiche €2.20 (~S$3.90)
Taste: 7/10

It was a typical quiche lorraine: egg and milk made into custard, filled with smoked bacon and cheese (but the original version actually didn't include cheese, although nowadays, more often than not, cheese is commonly found in it). Served warm, it was savoury, but the crust was a tad too thin for my liking.


Raspberry Chocolate Cake €3.00 (~S$5.30)
Taste: 8/10

To be honest, I really have no idea what is this called because the cakes on the display the other day weren't labelled unlike the other food items available. The chocolate was delightfully sweet and rich, perfectly balanced by the sour raspberry layer. However, I guess it would be more enjoyable if the cake at the bottom layer were to be softer.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 6.5/10 
Overall: 7/10

Melon didn't rate any service because we just pointed the food items we wanted, paid at the cashier and grabbed our food to the table. But anyway, the lady serving me the other day could speak English a little bit, and knowing that I wasn't a local, she also tried her best asking in English whether I would like my quiche to be heated in the microwave. Thumbs up! :) Pika's advice: You can also ask them to heat your sandwich or any other stuff you'd prefer to be warm!

Le Bellagio

16 La Canebière
Marseille
France
(Opening hours unknown - Anyone knows?)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]