FRA: Times Donuts

Secret donut???

One free morning, my friends and I went to Musée des Tissus et des Arts décoratifs (Museum of Fabrics and Decorative Arts). It was raining, and we happened to reach there a bit too early and thus had to wait for a while till it opened. Since we hadn't had breakfast, we dropped by Times Donuts to try some of their donuts and drink hot chocolate to warm ourselves up.


"Hey look, there's a donut with a question mark sign on it! I'm gonna get that one!", was the exact sentence I uttered when I saw the display. "How did it taste like, I wonder?" was the next.


Citronné Donut €1.90 (~S$3.35)
Taste: 7/10

Before I reveal the taste of the mysterious donut, let's talk about other donuts first! In general, the donuts were pretty soft and moist. The citronné donut exuded a nice citrus aroma, but it was a tad too sweet. It'd be nice if it were slightly sour to balance the flavour.


Crumble Donut €2.20 (~S$3.85)
Taste: 8/10

The crumble on top of the donut was very much buttery, while the inside was similar in taste and consistency to apple purée. The interplay between the savoury crumble and the sweet filling was truly enjoyable. Yum!


Secret Donut €2.20 (~S$3.85)
Taste: 7.5/10

I suppose the secret donut would have a different filling everyday. Well, sorry to disappoint you (and I was kinda disappointed too), that the filling the other day was almost similar to the one in the crumble donut above, except that the cinnamon taste was stronger. Given that the two of them were almost the same, I'd prefer the one with the buttery crumble. Pika's advice: Try getting the secret donut when you come, and see for yourself what kind of filling is inside!


Caramel Macchiato (Small) €3.20 (~S$5.60)
Taste: 8/10

The caramel macchiato is the one in the middle. I didn't manage to take a separate photo for each drink due to the small size of the table, neither did I write any comments about my friends' drinks so I can't really describe them. Anyway, I loved my drink because the strong espresso was nicely complemented with rich caramel taste, and it wasn't overly sweet. I guess it did stand out from the one that can be found in, uhm, you know what.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10

The guy serving us the other day looked more Italian than French, and he could speak English well. He deftly made our drinks upon order, and prepared them in no time. Good job!

Times Donuts

34 Rue Sainte Hélène
Lyon
France
(Mon: 8.30am - 8.00pm; Tue-Fri: 8.30am - 10.30pm; Sat: 10.00am - 10.30pm)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]