HKG: The Spaghetti House

Sensational spaghetti carbonara!

The Spaghetti House is a part of my childhood, although I couldn't exactly remember what I've tried before. There used to be a number of branches in Jakarta in the past; not exactly sure if there's any left. It was founded in 1979, and it has grown into the largest pasta restaurant chain in HK.

 


Chicken Wings in Black Pepper and Honey Sauce HK$48.00 (~S$6.00)
Taste: 5.5/10

"Spiced with black pepper and our secret recipe, the chicken wings are divinely delicious in the honey sauce." Sorry, I beg to differ. While the amount of black pepper was just nice, the chicken wings themselves were already too sweet before I even dipped them into the, not surprisingly, sweet honey sauce which was actually pretty fragrant. In the end, I finished the honey sauce by itself. Definitely not for the diabetics!

 

Spaghetti Carbonara HK$94.00 (~S$15.65)
Taste: 9/10

Probably the most famous dish of the establishment, the perfectly al dente spaghetti was simply one of the best pasta dishes I've ever had; perhaps better than my favourite pasta dish which I'm going to talk about in a separate post in the near future, I guess. Simple ingredients of ham slices, onions and Italian parmesan cheese were combined together in a creamy concoction which had a really nice consistency without being too heavy.

 

Squid Ink Risotto with Seafood in Lobster Sauce Au Gratin HK$101.00 (~S$16.80)
Taste: 8.5/10

My first squid ink risotto ever, thankfully, left a good impression on me. The risotto was pretty fluffy, bound together with quite a generous amount of seafood (fish fillets, shrimps, scallops, mussels and cuttlefish), mushrooms, tomatoes and delightfully sticky melted cheese. Actually I'm not a big fan of lobster sauce since I've had much which were too heavy for my liking, but the one I had the other day wasn't overly so.

 

Homemade Cheesecake (Lemon Flavour) HK$26.00 (~S$4.30)
Taste: 6.5/10

Slightly creamy and smooth, the cheesecake was passable, I guess. The lemon flavour was there, but it soon grew somewhat artificial.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Service: 7.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10

Service was a bit slow at the beginning even though the restaurant wasn't really full, but the staff were generally attentive throughout the meal. Quite a few of them could speak adequate English. Pika's advice: HSBC card holders, do check out the promotions in their website!

The Spaghetti House

57 Peking Road
Tsim Sha Tsui
Hong Kong
(Daily: 11.00am - 12 midnight)


*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market