THA: China Town Restaurant

Highly aromatic chrysanthemum drink!

Welcome to Bangkok! Finally we've added {Thailand - THA} as a new label in this blog. Lined with tables full of Chinese characters, China Town Restaurant was the first eatery I patronised when I reached Suvarnabhumi International Airport, one of the two international airports in Bangkok.


Before I write further, I'd like to apologise for accidentally losing the note I typed in my phone about this particular eatery. As such, I'm going to review the food by relying purely on my memory, which hopefully won't fail me. Anyway, I ordered the Set Meal priced at THB 199.00 (~S$7.90), if I'm not mistaken. Pika's advice: Warning! The chili soy sauce can instantly burn your tongue!


Wanton Soup (Set Menu)
Taste: 6/10

Well, I have no choice but to give a name to each of the dishes I had as I can't remember any. While the wanton skin was pretty smooth and each had an adequate pork filling, the soup tasted a bit artificial in terms of the sweetness it imparted.


Roasted Duck with Rice (Set Menu)
Taste: 7/10

In my opinion, the duck could be roasted for a longer period of time. Well, at least the meat wasn't tough. The dark brown sauce, unmistakably hoisin sauce (Chinese sauce made of starch, soybeans, vinegar, etc.) as one of the main components of the mixture, was pretty sweet; a bit more salt would balance the taste further.


Chrysanthemum Drink (Set Menu)
Taste: 8/10

The cold chrysanthemum drink was a tad too sweet, but the melting ice did help in diluting the sweetness. More importantly, it was really aromatic.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 6.5/10

If you need a quick bite, the eatery also offers a variety of Chinese snacks.

China Town Restaurant

Level 3, Main Terminal
Suvarnabhumi International Airport
Bangkok
Thailand
(Opening hours unknown - Anyone knows?)

*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% VAT.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ656 (Economy)