HKG: Café Cape

The biggest scallop I've ever eaten!

The eatery may be a bit difficult to reach, and it's certainly not a very spacious one, but I really enjoyed the food offered by Café Cape located somewhere in Sha Tin. There was a Set Meal for Two promotion the other day priced at HK$288.00 (~S$48.00) comprising all of the following food items I'm going to show you (one for each person), save for the dessert.


Jumbo Scallop Sashimi (Set Menu)
Taste: 9/10

Frankly speaking, I'd never seen anything bigger than the size of the scallop served the other day. Dipped into shoyu (Japanese soy sauce), the scallop was really awesome for it was fresh, bursting with natural sweetness and the flavour of the sea.


House Salad (Set Menu)
Taste: 9.5/10

Just look at the gorgeous salad, definitely one of the freshest salad dishes I've ever had in my life! The crisp of the leafy vegetables, coupled with tangy sesame dressing made me crave for more.


Soup of the Day (Set Menu)
Taste: 7/10

The soup of the day was the seemingly ubiquitous tomato-based borsch (Ukrainian soup which is usually made of beetroots) in HK. It was sweeter than it was sour, but it tasted pretty mild.

 

Half West African Lobster with Spaghetti and Vegetables (Set Menu)
Taste: 8.5/10

Weighed approximately 378 g, the West African lobster was succulent, made fragrant with the use of olive oil and a generous amount of chopped garlic. The sautéed vegetables were juicy as well. Sadly, the spaghetti wasn't exactly al dente, but it was acceptable still.

 

Coffee (Hot) (Set Menu)
Taste: 8.5/10

The hot coffee was really strong, and of course it was bitter. Well, I didn't put in sugar, but I put in a bit of creamer which didn't mask the fragrance of the coffee itself.

 

Milk Tea (Hot) (Set Menu)
Taste: 8/10

The hot milk tea was rich and creamy. I really enjoyed the consistency, but I felt that it was a bit too sweet towards the end.


Crème Brûlée HK$35.00 (~S$5.85)
Taste: 8/10

Well, you know me. I just couldn't resist ordering the crème brûlée when I saw it in the menu. The custard was creamy, but it could be smoother. I enjoyed the crispy caramel layer which was crispy and not too thin.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8.5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 8.5/10
Overall: 8.5/10

Café Cape is truly a hidden gem. As I mentioned earlier, it's a small café, but I enjoyed the atmosphere as I could have a quiet lunch with only a few executives dining around me. The guy who took my order was amiable, and he could speak English well.

 Café Cape

33 Tung Lo Wan Hill Road
Sha Tin
Hong Kong
(Daily: 12 noon - 10.00pm)

*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market