HKG: Farewell Party for Exchange Students @ HKUST

Not only the Westerners, I was also delighted by the spring rolls!

It was time to say goodbye; well, not exactly. The farewell party was held before the final exam period, which was indeed the last chance for everyone to gather as a group to share each other's stories and enjoy the company of one another.


I can only say, "Time flies." Pika's advice: Once again, just like what I've mentioned previously in the review on the welcome lunch, do come to HKUST for exchange! I'm sure you won't regret it! :D


Assorted Stuff

The best item of the day was the long and crispy spring roll which had nothing but succulent prawns inside. Equally appetising was the siew mai, a.k.a. pork dumpling, which bursted with savoury juice. The samosa (Indian triangular fried snack) was pretty much similar to those I usually have here in Singapore, while the tuna vol-au-vent was pretty average. The cream cake wasn't very sweet, and the custard cake topped with grated coconut was pretty creamy. As I'm writing this, I recall there was an American who asked me, "These are spring rolls, right?" and she was really excited haha...


Fruits

I washed down the sweet and savoury bites I had earlier with watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe slices. They were pretty sweet and of adequate freshness.


Orange Juice

It was the same orange juice served by the Asia Pacific Catering. I haven't talked about the taste previously since it's something you can get from the supermarket, but I enjoyed the pulpy juice which was neither too sweet nor too sour.


Coffee & Tea

No explanation required, I believe. Anyway, I didn't drink the coffee. I suppose you can tell the brand of the tea served from the picture.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10

With this, I guess we've finally come to an end of the reviews of the food I had during the exchange programme. Well, actually I still have a few unreviewed ones, but yeah, I guess I can write about them some other time. One thing for sure, the next review will be on an eatery in SG! Stay tuned! :)

The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

Clear Water Bay Road
Kowloon
Hong Kong


*Everything came for free!

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)