SIN: Hui Wei Chinese-Thai Cuisine {CLOSED}

Crispy eggplants to die for!

UPDATE (26/02/2017): The stall has closed down.

Having heard relatively good reviews about this particular stall in a coffee shop setting, I went down on one Friday night to see what it's capable of, hoping that I'll leave with a satisfied tummy. Once featured in the TV, this stall is within walking distance from Lavender MRT station.


Thai Style Honey Chicken (Small) S$8.00
Taste: 8/10

Being one of the signature dishes of the stall, the chicken surely didn't disappoint. Each cube was tender and still retained its crunchiness despite being glazed with a generous amount of honey sauce which, thankfully, wasn't cloyingly sweet.


Salted Egg Yolk Prawn (Small) S$13.00
Taste: 8/10

The shell-on prawns had firm and sweet flesh, indicative of their freshness, well-contrasted with the salted egg yolk sauce which wasn't overly heavy. Having said that, I believe the sauce could be slightly thicker to be more enjoyable.


"Mei Ren Yu" Eggplant (Small) S$8.00
Taste: 8.5/10

The highlight of the day was the crispy eggplant strips which were somewhat akin to fried sweet potatoes in taste and texture. The sauce coating them was sweet with a little bit of sour sensation, bearing a similarity with kung pao sauce. As if the eggplants weren't crunchy enough, the dish was topped with crispy fish for an extra bite. I'm drooling as I'm typing this!


Tom Yum Seafood Soup (Small) S$5.00
Taste: 8/10

Possibly the most value-for-money tom yum (Thai spicy soup) I've ever had in my life, the S$5.00 soup is definitely enough to feed two, if not three, people to satisfaction. I was amazed when I saw lots of stuff inside the just right sour and spicy soup, made aromatic with an adequate amount of coriander and kaffir lime leaves. As I've said before, I'm not a big fan of this particular soup, but I slurped it till the last drop the other day.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 6/10
Service: 6/10
Overall: 6.5/10

While the food was amazing, service was unfortunately kinda slow even though there weren't too many people around at 6.00pm. Still, I'd really love to come back soon to try other dishes, not forgetting to get my dose of those yummy eggplants as well! Pika's advice: If you only have a bit of time, you can try the cheap rice or noodle dishes!

Hui Wei Chinese-Thai Cuisine

802 French Road
#01-69 HDB French
Singapore
(Daily: 11.00am - 2.30pm., 4.30pm - 10.30pm)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)