SIN: Long Jiang Seafood Restaurant

Prawns with pumpkin cream sauce!

The restaurant was formerly known as Long Jiang Restaurant which used to be located inside the now defunct Crown Prince Hotel, the hotel I stayed in when I first visited Singapore as a tourist. It has since reopened at Commonwealth, with the same chef bringing back his signature dishes, along with modern fusion dishes.


Stir-Fried Prawns with Pumpkin Cream Sauce S$24.00
Taste: 8.5/10

It was interesting to find out about the chef's creation of prawns with pumpkin cream sauce instead of the ubiquitous salted egg yolks or mayonnaise. Crispy on the outside, the prawns were no doubt succulent, and the pumpkin cream sauce wasn't overly heavy with adequate sweetness to complement the luscious prawns.


Signature Singapore Chili Sauce Live Crab Seasonal Price
Taste: 8/10

Alright, this is the very first time I'm including a chili crab in my review. Before I go further, I just want to say that I'm actually not a big fan of it, especially because I've always found it to be a tad too sweet for my liking than it's spicy. Well, the one that I tried was no exception. It wasn't spicy for sure, but the level of sweetness was tolerable. Having said that, the crab was really fresh and meaty. The sauce was a bit too thick though. Oh, it was S$40.00 for the 1 kg crab.


Deep-Fried Bun (1pc) S$0.50
Taste: 8/10

Chili crab wouldn't be complete without deep-fried buns. Served hot, the buns were enjoyably crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. However, they were pretty oily, I must say.


Crispy Chicken with Special Spicy Sauce (Half) S$18.00
Taste: 8/10

The word 'sauce' seems to be a misnomer for this particular dish. The chicken was adequately juicy, although the skin wasn't really crispy as promised by the name. I really enjoyed the buttery crumbs which melted in my mouth, releasing a savoury sensation which went really well with steamed rice.


Stewed Eggplants with Garlic and Spicy Bean Sauce S$8.00
Taste: 7.5/10

I'd kill myself I didn't get myself a veggie dish, so I decided to try the eggplants which apparently came with minced pork. There wasn't anything special about the dish though. The eggplants were smooth, but not mushy. There was an adequate amount of garlic, but the dish wasn't really spicy.


Yam Paste and Gingko Nut in Coconut Cream (Individual) S$5.00
Taste: 8/10

I apologise for the not-so-good picture. The individual portion for the dessert was apparently big enough to feed at least two people. I really enjoyed the coconut cream which wasn't cloyingly sweet, but creamy and savoury enough to balance the sweetness of the yam paste. As the name implied, there was only one gingko nut haha...

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 8.5/10
Overall: 8/10

I should try the other crab dishes next time! Pika's advice: The server actually told me to give the white pepper crab a try. You may want to give it a try!

Long Jiang Seafood Restaurant

38 Commonwealth Avenue
Singapore
(Daily: 11.00am - 3.00pm, 6.00pm - 11.00pm)

*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market