SIN: Pizza Capers {CLOSED}

"Gourmet the everyday!"

UPDATE (14/01/2018): The eatery has closed down.

Pizza Capers was founded in 1996 in Brisbane, Australia by two handsome men. Okay, at least that's what's written on the wall in the restaurant haha... Singapore happens to be the first target of their international expansion, if I'm not mistaken. Well, it was the place where I had a folded pizza, a.k.a. calzone, for dessert for the first time in my life!


Capers Wings (4pcs) S$6.95
Taste: 7.5/10

Allow me to ask : why does (almost) every pizza places offer specialty chicken wings? Who started the idea? Anyway, the ones I had the other day were alright. I have to admit that the wings were pretty juicy, but there was just something missing in the sauce which was slighly sweet and only a little bit fragrant.


Half-and-Half Signature Pizza (Regular) S$19.95
Gulf of Mexico - Taste: 7.5/10
Raja - Taste: 7.5/10

Kudos to the restaurant which only charges you an additional S$1.00 for a plate of pizza with two different toppings. I enjoyed the pizza crust of moderate thickness which was airy and slightly crispy. The Mexican half came with ingredients such as beef, beans and olives with sour cream and guacamole sauce made of avocados on top. The Indian half featured tandoori chicken, cashew nuts and snow pea sprouts with a bit of mango chutney. While the former was unique and the latter was comfortingly sweet, both of them didn't exactly kick my taste buds.


Pesto Chicken Risotto S$10.95
Taste: 6.5/10

The rice dish gave off a very appetising aroma that permeated through the air even before it reached the table. While it was cheesy and the creamy consistency was good, I have to say that it was too salty for my liking that I had to drink lots of water. Thankfully, the addition of some sweet cashew nuts was able to counter it, albeit only slightly.


Mixed Berry Calzone S$6.95
Taste: 9/10

Accompanied by warm vanilla sauce, the calzone topped with castor sugar and cinnamon powder was chock-full of berries, with blueberries playing a key role in lending a nice touch of sour in a plate full of heavenly sweetness. I'd love to give it an additional 0.5 mark since it was really awesome, but I believe it could definitely do with more cinnamon powder for heightened fragrance.


Darkest Temptation Gelato S$4.95
Taste: 8/10

Even though you'll have two scoops on your bowl, you can only choose one flavour. They only had two flavours the other day, and I chose the one which has a seemingly naughty name, or maybe it's just my stupid brain haha... While it was indeed very chocolatey with a nice balance of sweetness and bitterness, I found that the water content was higher than what it was supposed to be for gelato as it melted way faster than expected. Pika's advice: You can get a pint of gelato for S$10.95!

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Service: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10

When I went there for a late lunch, the restaurant was empty. I was first served by a part-time student who was kinda taciturn, a bit nervous perhaps, but one warm Filipino waiter soon came to take over.

Pizza Capers

226 East Coast Road
Singapore
(Daily: 10.30am - 10.30pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)