SIN: Fish & Crab Shack {CLOSED}

Sweet and savoury peanut butter pie to end your meal!

UPDATE (09/04/2020): The eatery has closed down.

Have you had the chance to visit the Maritime Experiential Museum, as well as the newly opened Marine Life Park situated within Resorts World Sentosa? I'm an avid lover of marine creatures, and thus I took the opportunity to visit the world's largest oceanarium which houses over 800 species. Following which, I dined at Fish & Crab Shack, a casual eatery offering Chinese and Western food.


After feasting my eyes on the colourful sea animals, as well as testing my knowledge on marine biology, I had to satisfy my grumbling stomach. Oh, I was trying to pacify Melon since she was a bit sad that there wasn't a single octopus in the oceanarium for her to befriend.


Chicken Wings (3pcs) S$6.00
Taste: 7.5/10

I'm a huge fan of chicken wings, and the crispy skin I had the other day managed to tickle my taste buds. However, I have to admit that the avian wings were pretty much oily, and they were pretty much average in terms of taste without being able to stand out from the rest I've eaten so far.


Fish & Chips S$10.90
Taste: 7.5/10

Now I have to say that I'm not exactly a huge fan of breaded fish fillets served with fries and coleslaw. The batter, despite being crispy, was too thick for my liking, but the fish meat was acceptably succulent. Unfortunately, the fries weren't crispy. On the other hand, the coleslaw was quite refreshing with its mildly sweet taste.


"Zheng He" Seafood Fried Rice S$12.90
Taste: 7/10

The overpriced plate of Chinese style fried rice which was named after the Muslim-Hui Chinese voyager, came with only a baby's handful of seafood items. Granted, the rice actually had a pretty fragrant, thanks to the addition of preserved olives. When I thought the sweet chicken floss would give more enjoyment, it was dry.


Peanut Butter Pie S$5.50
Taste: 8/10

I chose a slice of chocolate pie studded with nuts, which was glued to a layer of cream via an adequate amount of peanut butter. While it might not fully arouse those with sweet teeth, I enjoyed the non-cloying sweetness which was balanced by the savoury peanut butter. Having said that, I felt that the texture of the chocolate pie could be improved by making it thicker.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

Pika's advice: Please don't expect to get anything with crab meat. Looking at some past reviews about the eatery, it seems like it has since done away with all the food items featuring crab meat.

Fish & Crab Shack

8 Sentosa Gateway
Maritime Experiential Museum
Sentosa Island
Singapore
(Mon-Thu: 10.00am - 7.30pm, Fri-Sun: 10.00am - 9.00pm)

*Prices quoted are subject to 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ656 (Economy)