SIN: IDLE {MOVED}

Mouth-watering lamb shank with mashed potatoes!

UPDATE (18/07/2018): The restaurant has moved to 50 Prinsep Street.

February is finally here, and that means this blog is gonna turn two years old very soon! I really feel that I can only update on Sunday for now since life has been so hectic that I need to borrow a cat's paw (a literal translation of the Japanese idiom: 猫の手も借りたい). Anyway, today's review is on a bistro cum bar "with great food amidst the jungle".


Whiskey Scallops S$16.00
Taste: 6/10

I didn't drink that day, but I ordered a dish of whiskey-infused scallops flambé. To be honest, it certainly didn't feel like the scallops were 'ignited', and they weren't primarily fresh either. However, the whiskey taste was certainly there, and its sweetness certainly permeated into the scallops. The salad vegetables were fresh.


Al Funghi Pasta S$16.00
Taste: 8.5/10

I savoured the dish of linguine cooked aglio olio style with button, enoki and shiitake mushrooms, despite it being pretty oily, but it was olive oil anyway. The pasta was enjoyably chewy, and the mushrooms were bursting with juice. It'd be great if they could add more garlic bits to enhance the overall taste.


Lamb Shank S$28.00
Taste: 8.5/10

The braised lamb shank was lusciously juicy and tender, laden with red wine reduction sauce which didn't exactly have the expected wine taste, but it tasted great with the addition of black pepper. The mashed potatoes on which the meat was sitting on was smooth and milky, while the vegetables were sautéed till mushy with their natural sweetness complementing the meat.


Pork Knuckle S$30.00
Taste: 7.5/10

Upon ordering the all-time favourite dish as mentioned in the menu, the waiter asked whether I'd like the chef to chop it up for me. I agreed to that, but actually it wasn't necessary since the pork was tender, although it was a pity that it wasn't exactly juicy. Still, it went well with the creamy Dijon mustard. Oh, it was a joy to indulge in the highly crispy skin. The sauerkraut (lit. sour cabbage) tasted like Chinese pickled vegetables.


Crème Brûlée S$12.00
Taste: 7/10

The search for the best crème brûlée in Singapore is still ongoing, but alas, my hope was somewhat dashed  when I tried the one there. I didn't mean that it tasted bad, but firstly, the custard wasn't as rich as I'd love it to be. The level of sweetness was acceptable, but the caramel layer was too hard for my liking.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 8.5/10
Service: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

I guess I'm pretty much interested to try other pasta dishes when I have the chance to patronise the bistro again. Pika's advice: Sorry for being horny this time round, but if you like Irish cream (like myself!), they have interestingly named cocktails, such as Blowj*b and Quick F*ck (there are no asterisks in the menu though!). Do give them a try when you're feeling naughty! XD

IDLE@Dempsey

16A Dempsey Road
Singapore
(Daily: 6.00pm - 12 midnight)


*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ656 (Economy)