MAS: Strawberry Park Resort [Breakfast]

"Where holidays are forever" :D

Strawberry Park Resort (4*) is the place to go if you're looking for a quiet and tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of city living. Situated uphill, away from the main road, it makes an ideal retreat for single travellers and family alike.


On the last day, I happened to see a baby chair near our table. Baby Melon was made to sit there, and she was so happy eating her croissant and danish and drinking a glass of milk. :)


Salad

The vegetables served were truly crisp and fresh, ought to have been taken from any of the plantations nearby.


Eggs

Egg lovers, like myself, can request for sunny-side up and/or omelette at the eggs station. I particularly enjoyed the omelette which was really velvety and cheesy.


Nasi Lemak & Fried Noodle

The nasi lemak (Malay rice dish cooked in coconut milk with pandan leaves) could be more aromatic, but the chili was pretty delectable, being adequately sweet and spicy. The fried noodle wasn't special, and it was a tad oily.


Porridge

The porridge was smooth without being watery. As usual, I put quite a bit of sesame oil for an intense smoky aroma to whet my appetite.


D.I.Y. Noodle Soup

My buddy, a noodle lover, was the one who came up with that bowl. The noodle was quite springy, although the soup could be more flavourful.


Roti Canai

The roti canai (Indian flatbread), or what we usually call roti prata in Singapore, were truly soft and a bit floury, just how I like them to be. The vegetable curry was less salty compared to its chicken counterpart, but both of them could definitely be slightly thicker. 


Western Platter

I guess all of the items in the plate shown in the picture were quite standard, but the chicken bacon, albeit pretty oily, was so savoury that I kept taking it.


Bread & Cheese

There were a few types of bread served, but I only took a slice which was pretty airy. Okay, I'm not exactly a cheese connoisseur, but I enjoyed the soft brie cheese the most.


Croissant, Danish & Muffins

While the muffins were nothing to die for, the croissant was really crispy and buttery. I could only hope that the danish was as good.


Bread Pudding & Pancakes

Even though they didn't look appetising in terms of appearance, the bread pudding and the pancakes weren't bad. The former was pretty buttery, while the latter was quite fluffy.


Fruits

Take your pick: fresh or canned fruits? I noted that the papaya slices the other day were really sweet.


Coffee & Tea

Well, nothing could beat a glass of hot coffee or tea in such a lovely place with a cooling weather.


Orange & Pineapple Cordial Drink

I'm not exactly sure which is which in the picture, but anyway, both of them weren't too sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 8.5/10
Overall: 8/10

In a nutshell, I was pretty impressed with the selection of food available for breakfast. They tasted good too. Thank you, Strawberry Park Resort! I'd definitely love to stay there again when I have the time to visit Cameron Highlands again in the future. Pika's advice: Come down early to increase your chance of getting a seat at the terrace for the best view (see below, but please ignore my sleepy face)!


Strawberry Park Resort

Lot No. 195 & 196
Lobby Floor, Jim Thompson Terrace
Tanah Rata
Cameron Highlands
Malaysia
(Daily: 7.00am - 10.30am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market