TWN: Sam's Noodles

Lusciously sweet chicken broth!

I'm going to start writing on the Taiwan and Japan food trip that I went for before I was employed full-time. Whew, I don't know when I'll be going for a holiday the next time round. Anyway, I started my journey in Taiwan with Sam's Noodles which offers HK style noodle dishes. Yes, I'm missing HK so badly.


It was around 3pm when I walked into the restaurant, and so there was only another guest enjoying his big bowl of noodle. I truly had a nice time dining there.


Shredded Pigs' Ears in Sauce NT$40.00 (~S$1.70)
Taste: 8.5/10

The gelatinous pigs' ears made a very good appetiser. It'd been a long time since I ate them the last time, so I was really delighted. Drizzled with adequate sesame oil that gave a heady smoky aroma, the ears successfully tantalised my taste buds.


Boiled Vegetables NT$40.00 (~S$1.70)
Taste: 8/10

The leafy vegetables were crunchy and pretty juicy with a slightly bitter taste. They were drenched in oyster sauce which wasn't overly salty, and topped with crunchy fried shallots for added texture.

We ordered the Sam's Recommendation Set Meal each, priced at NT$40.00 (~S$5.50), comprising a bowl of noodle and a glass of drink each.


Set C (Set Menu)
Taste: 8/10

Served piping hot, the rice noodle in chicken broth was delectably sweet. It was topped with chicken meat, ham slices, juicy black mushrooms and vegetables. I really wish I can have a bowl of it at the moment.


Set D (Set Menu)
Taste: 7.5/10

The rice noodle in ma la (lit. numb and spicy) soup wasn't exactly hot, and it wasn't as aromatic as its chicken counterpart. It came with beef slices, beancurd cubes, enoki mushrooms and chives.


Green Tea (Cold) (Set Menu)
Taste: 7/10

A glass of green tea came with my rice noodle in chicken broth. There wasn't anything special about the sugar free drink, but it was somewhat aromatic.


Milk Tea (Cold) (Set Menu)
Taste: 7/10

On the other hand, a glass of milk tea came with my buddy's rice noodle in ma la soup. While it was adequately sweet, it could be more creamy and aromatic.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 7.5/10

I'm not exactly sure, but is there Sam's Noodles in HK? Pika's advice: You can have your own noodle creation by picking the soup base and the ingredients. Try it out!

Sam's Noodles

107 Hanzhong Street
Taipei
Taiwan
(Mon-Thu: 11.00am - 9.30pm; Fri: 11.00am - 10.00pm; Sat-Sun: 11.00am - 10.30pm)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)