TWN: Taipei Station Gourmet Restaurant

Almost midnight snack with rice and mee sua!

At this rate, to be honest, I don't know how many reviews I'll be able to come up with every month. Life has been entirely hectic on my side, but pretty much enjoyable at work. Anyway, I met an Indonesian friend of mine in Taipei, together with his Taiwanese friend. Both of them brought me to this particular eatery after we had some nice food at Shida Night Market.



Braised Pork Rice (Small) NT$25.00 (~S$1.05)
Taste: 8/10

The glossy, fatty pork bits pretty much had that melt-in-the-mouth goodness, but I suppose they were a tad too oily for my liking. Also, if the rice were warmer, it'd be even better. Having said that, I still enjoyed the dish which was no doubt beautiful in its simplicity. 


Oyster Mee Sua (Large) NT$45.00 (~S$1.90)
Taste: 7/10

Everyone who goes to Taiwan must be crazy about mee sua (Chinese thin noodle made of wheat flour), right? The one that I had over there was slippery delectable, but the overall taste of the dish could be stronger. The oysters were plump and juicy, but they didn't have much taste either.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

I'm sure the name of the eatery gives you an obvious clue as to where the eatery is located, and yes, it's right outside Taipei Main (Railway) Station. Pika's advice: I've heard that the eatery is also famous for its lean pork and large intestines mee sua. Give it a try!

Taipei Station Gourmet Restaurant

26-2 Xuchang Street
Taipei
Taiwan
(Opening hours unknown - Anyone knows?)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market