SIN: A-One Porridge House

Sweet and spicy claypot pork belly with salted fish!

Before I went for weekly grocery shopping at Chinatown Point just now, I was wandering around to look for something new to try. Soon I found myself standing in front of A-One Porridge house which serves a variety of claypot and hotplate dishes. There are currently seven outlets across the island.


Hong Kong Style Porridge S$7.90
Taste: 8/10

Served in a claypot, the porridge came with toppings of you tiao (Chinese cruller), silver fish and chopped spring onions. It was pleasantly thick and lightly seasoned.


Upon scooping, I discovered ingredients such as sliced fish, cuttlefish, dried scallops and braised peanuts. Zooming in on the cuttlefish, I found it to be enjoyably crunchy. It was a pity that there was no sesame oil given, but all in all, it was a pretty hearty dish.


Claypot Pork Belly with Salted Fish S$16.90
Taste: 8/10

A spicy dish of not-so-fatty pork belly was a good complement to the porridge. The sweetness of the sauce was well-balanced by the salted fish. For its price, I wish they could be more generous with the serving.


Homemade Barley (Cold) S$1.50
Taste: 8/10

The cold barley drink was adequately thick and sweet. There weren't too many ice cubes too, which would otherwise dilute the drink easily.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

While choosing what to order, I overlooked the fact that they also serve claypot rice. Perhaps I'll give it a try next time. Anyway, I guess I can really give an A1 grade for the food. Haha... Pika's advice: Besides claypot and hotplate dishes, you may also want to give their mini steamboat dishes a try!

A-One Porridge House

133 New Bridge Road
#B1-47 Chinatown Point
Singapore
(Daily: 10.00am - 9.00pm)

*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]