SIN: Kentucky Fried Chicken {Lunar New Year 2014}

Chicken with cereals and curry leaves!

Happy Lunar New Year! I believe some of you're having sumptuous reunion dinner at the moment. To the rest, happy holiday! Before going off tomorrow for a long weekend (I'll reveal the place at the end of the review), I'm ending this month with a short review on a limited promotional item from KFC Singapore.


Golden Cereal Crunch (Individual Meal) S$7.80
Taste: 7.5/10

To celebrate the festive season, I tried the cereal-coated fried chicken. Truth be told, it fell beyond my expectation in terms of its fragrance. Taste wise, it was alright, though I prefer the original version. The coleslaw was adequately thick, while the mashed potato was warm and smooth. They ran out of the SJORA Mango Peach drink, so I was given the lemonade instead.


A closer look on the chicken showed not only cereal bits, but also curry leaves and dusts of sugar on the surface. There wasn't enough cereals, I guess. Pika's advice: If you really want to try it, grab it ASAP! I suppose it'll be gone very soon.


Cheesy Pasta Shrimps S$5.80
Taste: 7.5/10

Not a limited promotional item, but rather something new on the regular menu I'd just noticed, the deep-fried snacks encased pasta bits and (very few) chunks of shrimps in creamy sauce. I couldn't detect the presence of cheese at all, for the sauce was sweet and somewhat milky, just like the filling of an Indonesian rissole.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10

I bought my food from the branch at People's Park Complex, but since I didn't dine in there, I'm not going to include the score for ambience. Anyway, instead of visiting relatives, I'll be going to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia tomorrow to visit Doraemon. There's a '100 Doraemon Secret Gadgets Expo' running there, and this is my only chance to go there before it's over.

Kentucky Fried Chicken

1 Park Road
#01-78H-M People's Park Complex
Singapore
(Mon-Fri: 11.00am - 10.00pm; Sat-Sun: 8.00am - 10.00pm)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ656 (Economy)