MAS: Rasa Utara

Luscious curry with tender chicken thigh!

As mentioned previously, the primary objective of my recent trip to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia was to catch the '100 Doraemon Secret Gadgets Expo'. As soon as I reached the capital city after an unexpectedly long bus ride, I had to satisfy my grumbling stomach. I found myself back in the huge Berjaya Times Square, a 48-storey living, entertainment and shopping complex. Rasa Utara (lit. northern flavour) was the first restaurant I spotted, and my legs immediately brought me there.


Ayam Kari Kapitan RM 13.90 (~S$5.35)
Taste: 8/10

Thick and rich curry was what I got in the set meal. Luscious with coconut and turmeric fragrance, it lent a savoury touch to the tender chicken thigh. I also enjoyed the acar kuning (lit. yellow pickles) which was sweet and tangy, as well as the long beans cooked in coconut gravy which was thinner than the curry. 


Mihun Tom Yam RM 14.80 (~S$5.70)
Taste: 7/10

My faithful BFF ordered the Thai rice noodle which I thought was neither as spicy nor sour as I expected it to be. There was a faint aroma of lemongrass which complemented the fresh tomato slices. A few seafood items were included, such as squid, prawns and fish fillets, all of which were of acceptable freshness.


Air Cendol Utara RM 7.80 (~S$3.00)
Taste: 5/10

It was apparent to me that powdered milk was used instead of coconut milk, to an extent that made the overall drink cloyingly rich. Thankfully, the amount of palm sugar given was just right. As for the green, jelly-like bits, they could definitely be chewier.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6.5/10
Ambience: 7/10
Service: 6/10
Overall: 6.5/10

While I was disappointed with the drink, I'd love to come back for the chicken curry. Pika's advice: Occasionally, they offer tea break set meals. You may want to give them a try.

Rasa Utara

1 Jalan Imbi
G-12/13, West, Berjaya Times Square
Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia
(Daily: 7.30am - 11.00pm)

*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 6% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market