SIN: Manhattan Fish Market

Fried whole barramundi with fiery chili, anyone?

There was a time when I used to go to Manhattan Fish Market with my school friends to enjoy the seafood platters. Even though I should be able to finish a platter by myself, I suppose it'd be wise for me not to order one when I'm alone, as if I'm a depressed individual who's going to gorge on anything and everything. Haha...


Single Garlic Herb Mussels S$5.95
Taste: 7.5/10

Poached mussels were bathed in garlic herb sauce, served with slices of baguette which weren't that crispy. While the shelled creatures could be fresher, I enjoyed the creamy sauce which had an adequate amount of garlic.


Crispy Whole Barramundi (Fiery Hot Sauce) S$19.95
Taste: 6/10

Judging from the appearance of the whole fish, it was presumable that the fish wasn't juicy as it seemed to be overly fried. Even though I enjoyed its crispy outer layer, the fact that the fish wasn't that meaty ought to give a signal for shorter duration of frying. Having said that, the fiery hot sauce did live up to its name. The garlic herb rice was aromatic, but it could be fluffier. Pika's advice: If you don't like spicy stuff, you can choose to have the garlic herb sauce to go with your fish.


Manhattan Mud Pie S$4.90
Taste: 7.5/10

A sinful dessert dish, the gloomy-looking mud pie was drizzled with rich chocolate syrup and topped with peanut crumbs. I didn't quite enjoy its texture which slightly leaned towards the harder side as I'd prefer something smoother, but the chocolate filling was quite intense in terms of flavour. I'd also love to have a thicker layer of Oreo crumbs on top of it.


Gummy Bear S$5.50
Taste: 7.5/10

Manhattan Fish Market has quite an interesting range of beverages. I sampled the one named after the popular gelatin-based candy, a light concoction of Curaçao (a type of citrus-flavoured liqueur) and tropical fruits. While it didn't exactly have a unique taste and neither was it as sweet as a gummy bear, it was enough to quench my thirst.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

I must say that I really miss school life. Well, life goes on. Keep on fighting!

Manhattan Fish Market

201 Victoria Street
#04-07 Bugis+
Singapore
(Daily: 11.00am - 10.00pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market