HKG: Mobile Softee (富豪雪糕) @ Avenue of Stars

Beat the hot weather with Mobile Softee!

Prior to having that awesome skewered large intestines from Duo Bao Mei Shi (多寶美食) at Temple Street, I actually had had dinner at One Dim Sum. However, my stomach was easily emptied due to the long walk around Kowloon. As the Avenue of Stars was our final stop for the day, I couldn't help but drop by the Mobile Softee not too far away from Starbucks Coffee for an icy cold treat. 


Soft Ice Cream HK$9.00 (~S$1.45)
Taste: 8/10

True to its name, the vanilla ice cream was soft and creamy. It was adequately sweet, and its coldness was a respite from the hot weather of summer. The cone was crispy alright.


Nutty Drumstick HK$9.00 (~S$1.45)
Taste: 8/10

I didn't expect the nutty cone to have a melon flavour. Despite the fact that it wasn't as velvety as the soft ice cream, I was taken in by its pleasant fruity aroma, as well as the nice degree of sweetness.


Jumbo Orange HK$8.00 (~S$1.30)
Taste: 8/10

The orange sorbet was refreshing. Neither too sweet nor too sour, it was packed with orange goodness that was light on the palate.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10

Pika's advice: I'm not sure what flavour is the Ice Cream Cup, the only variant that I haven't tried. Find it out! Anyway, below is the nostalgic melody of the Mobile Softee that I recorded when I was in Sai Kung. Till today, sometimes I find myself humming its tune when I'm doing my work.


Mobile Softee @ Avenue of Stars
(富豪雪糕)

Avenue of Stars
Tsim Sha Tsui
Hong Kong
(Opening hours unknown - Anyone knows?)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)