MAS: A&W

Curly fries? Root beer float? Waffles? Take your pick!

Having migrated to Singapore for more than ten years, I suppose I do have this common 'A&W syndrome' every now and then. Its departure from the country in 2003 was a pity indeed. Before we took the coach back home, we decided to go back to Dataran Pahlawan once again for that extra boost of calories.


Beef Coney Combo RM 11.65 (~S$4.35)
Curly Fries Upgrade + RM 1.20 (~S$0.45)
Root Bear Float Upgrade + RM 2.00 (~S$0.75)

First up would be the combo meal: beef coney, regular fries and regular root beer. However, we decided to upgrade it - not just once, but twice!


Beef Coney (Set Menu)
Taste: 7/10

Save for the bun that was acceptably soft, the beef coney was average. The sausage was pretty firm, but the beef sauce didn't quite have the kick I was looking for. I'd definitely love to have more onions too.


Curly Fries (Set Menu)
Taste: 7.5/10

I've always loved curly fries because I think they're fun to eat. Moderately crispy without being soggy at all, the ones I had that day were pretty good, even though the seasonings could be a bit more robust.


Root Beer Float (Set Menu)
Taste: 7/10

Served in a frosted mug, the root beer was what I'd really been looking forward to. Its distinctive flavour and adequate amount of effervescence met vanilla ice cream that was, sad to say, neither creamy nor smooth enough. Having said that, it was refreshing still, freshening me up.


Spicy Aroma Chicken (2 pcs) RM 7.95 (~S$3.00)
Taste: 6/10

The spicy chicken pieces were a tad disappointing. While the skin was adequately crispy, I didn't find them to be truly aromatic. The white flesh was firm, but not so much bursting with juice.


Waffle with Ice Cream RM 6.95 (~S$2.60)
Taste: 7.5/10

To conclude the meal, I shared a waffle with my BFF. It was pretty crispy without being hard, topped with the same vanilla ice cream that was present in the root beer mentioned earlier. The strawberry sauce, thankfully, was enjoyably thick and sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 6/10
Overall: 6.5/10

I wasn't utterly impressed with the quality of the food, but I guess it was decent enough to satisfy my craving. Pika's advice: I actually wanted to try their Nasi Lemak with Chicken, priced at RM 6.95 (~S$2.60), that's supposed to be available all day long. However, the branch didn't have that. You may want to give it a try.

Well, this review concludes our food trail in Melaka. Next up: Hanoi, Vietnam! Oh, before that, I do have one last adorable picture to share below!


A&W

1 Jalan Merdeka
Lot G073A & G075, Mahkota Parade
Melaka
Malaysia
(Thu-Tue: 11.30am - 2.30pm, 6.00pm - 9.30pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 6% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]