MAS: Malaysia Airlines [Economy, International, Short-Haul]

Delightful locally produced chocolate chip cookie onboard! 

As I only paid for an upgrade for my outbound KUL-RGN flight, I was seated in the economy class cabin for the return journey. As IFE (In-Flight Entertainment) wasn't available in that particular flight, I spent most of the time reading the magazine provided, as well as taking pictures of clouds.


Of course, I was delighted when they started serving lunch. My BFF and I managed to try both of the main courses served that day.




MH Meal

Rice with Sweet and Sour Fish and Vegetables - Taste: 7.5/10

The sweet and sour fish had a nice balance of flavours with a tinge of spiciness. I was also glad that the rice wasn't dry, and the vegetables weren't overcooked. In fact, the chayote cubes were particularly juicy.

Penne with Chicken - Taste: 6/10

The penne, although not perfectly al dente, was moist. The chicken, on the other hand, was kinda dry. They weren't tough though, and actually were pretty nicely seasoned with herbs.

Others

Both packed in Malaysia, the salted peanuts and the cookie made good snacks after the main course during the flight. The chocolate chip cookie was particularly crunchy without being too dry.

Beverages

The usual selections of hot and cold beverages were available, though I doubt I actually saw alcoholic drinks on the pushcart. I just went for a cup of chilled orange juice. Kudos to one of the flight attendants who went back and forth to offer coffee and tea after the meal.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 7/10
Service: 7.5/10
Overall: 7/10

It was a pleasant flight that was just less than 3 hours. In fact, we reached our destination slightly ahead of time. Pika's advice: Once again, similar to what I wrote in the previous post, it really depends on luck whether you'll get to see IFE in MH's Boeing B737-800.

Malaysia Airlines

Economy Class Cabin
Boeing 737-800


*No separate price given as meals are included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)