SIN: Oromo Coffee

Peter Pan surely loves his pancakes with gooey blueberry jam!

I've always liked the idea of all-day breakfast. As someone who usually eats breakfast at home, I'm always enthusiastic to try breakfast items offered by various eateries out there without being limited by time. 'Twas one afternoon I went down to Oromo Coffee at Shaw Towers with my BFF to have a light meal before heading to the cinema. 


Peter Pan's Favourite S$6.90
Taste: 8.5/10

I actually can't recall anything about Peter Pan liking pancakes, but anyway, those served in the eatery were moist and fluffy. I was also delighted by the blueberry jam that was beautifully gooey wihtout being too sweet, complemented by whipped cream and strawberries.


Mr. Benedict S$11.90
Taste: 8/10

Good Eggs Benedict is pretty hard to come by these days, but Oromo Coffee did it pretty well, even though I can't say that it was exceptional. The eggs were poached right, sitting on top of back bacon and English muffins that could be more substantial. The Hollandaise sauce was creamy, but I guess it could be slightly richer.


Would you like to have a bite? Oh, the vegetables were quite fresh, drizzled with an adequate amount of vinaigrette.


Iced Matcha S$6.30
Taste: 8/10

Neither my friend nor I was in for hot drinks due to the hot weather these days, so both of us ordered a cold beverage each. My order of Japanese green tea with milk turned out to be satisfying enough with the right degree of sweetness, but it could definitely have more milk to make it even better.


Iced Caramel Latte S$6.30
Taste: 7.5/10

My phone camera didn't really do justice to the iced caramel latte, but I can assure you that the gradient was really nice to look at. Having said that, the drink fell slightly short of expectation. While it wasn't bad, it could be sweeter and more aromatic. The key, thus, would be to add more caramel.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 5.5/10
Overall: 7/10

It was crowded when I came that day, not to mention that the tables there are arranged pretty close to one another due to the limited space the eatery has. Pika's advice: If you're looking for something bigger, you may want to try their Wakey Wakey, Eggs and Bacey, priced at S$15.90, which actually includes bratwurst.

Oromo Coffee

100 Beach Road
#01-41B Shaw Towers
Singapore
(Daily: 7.30am - 9.30pm)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ656 (Economy)