SIN: Tai-Parfait {CLOSED}

Nice taiyaki stuffed with banana, cream cheese and custard!

UPDATE (28/02/2016): All the available branches have closed down.

When I walked past Tai-Parfait's kiosk at Plaza Singapura, I was immediately reminded of the amazing taiyaki (Japanese sea bream-shaped cake) from Kogane Taiyaki (黄金鯛焼き) I had in Kyoto, Japan on the last day of 2013. My mouth was pretty itchy, so I decided to drag my friends to try one or two from Tai-Parfait, hoping to relive that magical moment on New Year's Eve.


Banana Cheese Cream Crunch Taiyaki (Custard Filling) S$5.00
Taste: 8.5/10

The first thing I noticed was the fact that the cake base wasn't crispy on the outside, even though it was delightfully airy and moist. Even though it was a minus point, the combination of banana, cream cheese and velvety custard filling was close to being sensational. Did I tell you before that I like anything and everything with banana? :D


Kinako Brown Sugar with Vanilla Ice Cream Taiyaki (Chocolate Filling) S$4.50
Taste: 8/10

Another flavour that I got to try the other day was the vanilla ice cream with brown sugar sauce that was pretty aromatic. The chocolate filling was warm and sweet enough for my palate. I couldn't help but imagine the poor sea bream being stuffed in the mouth with ice cream. Haha... :P


Iced Matcha Latte S$5.20
Taste: 9/10

One of us decided to try the cold drink of green tea ice cream blended with milk and ice. While the level of sweetness was just right, I was hoping to have less crushed ice in order for the green tea aroma to be brought out better.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8.5/10

With three branches operating in the country at the point of writing, I guess I know where to get a fixed of taiyaki parfait. Pika's advice: The most expensive taiyaki flavour priced at S$6.80 - Vanilla Soft Ice Cream with Honey Comb - seems to be quite a big hit. You may want to give it a try.

Tai-Parfait

68 Orchard Road
#B2-49 Plaza Singapura
Singapore
(Daily: 11.00am - 10.00pm)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market