SIN: Bakerzin

Delicious pesto linguine with black olives, pine nuts and a missing ingredient!

I used to have an uncanny fascination for Bakerzin in the past, even though I'd never really tried anything except for their not-so-special macarons. I guess another reason is that I have a good friend who used to speak so highly about it. I shan't name the person. Hehe... :P


I went to the branch at VivoCity, which turns out to be quite small, in spite of having a nice decor. Thankfully, the noise level was pretty much bearable.


Chunky Chicken Chowder S$6.90
Taste: 8.5/10

As my BFF was having a bit of flu the other day, he decided to get a bowl of warm chowder. I took the initial five spoonfuls of it, and that was enough to conclude that it was good. Rich and creamy, the chowder came with generous servings of chunky chicken breast, carrots and celery.


Baked Chicken Wings S$9.90
Taste: 8/10

I've really had no idea if this particular appetiser is supposed to be under the category of fusion cuisine, but that plate of chicken wings were leaning towards the Asian side. Each bite was full of the sweetness of the marinade used, well-contrasted by the zesty calamansi given at the side. The chili sauce tasted very much like one from a typical chicken rice stall, but it was too dilute.


Pesto Linguine S$14.50
Taste: 9/10

The fresh aroma of mashed basil consistently wafted in the air, compelling me to finish the awesome pasta dish in no time. The balance of flavours was close to perfect, backed by juicy black olives and crunchy pine nuts. Now that I'm looking through the menu again, there was something missing the other day: sun-dried tomatoes. What a pity.


Bakerzin Signature Burger S$17.90
Taste: 7.5/10

Approximately 160 g of grilled New Zealand ground beef was smacked in between a bun that I'd prefer to be toasted, having a juicy interior, but a slightly dry exterior. The herb mayonnaise didn't really exude that herby aroma, but I enjoyed the sweet beer-braised onions. The potato wedges were pretty much uninspiring, especially when coupled with cheap tomato sauce and chili sauce.


Sweet Corn Panna Cotta S$10.50
Taste: 8/10

I'd call it a misnomer, for the purported panna cotta (lit. cooked cream) actually was more like some airy pudding, which texture could be slightly more velvety, to me. The aroma of corns mixed with milk was satisfying though. While the toasted candied walnuts were awesome, the popcorn was so sticky that it got stuck in between the teeth easily.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 6/10
Service: 8.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10

After dining there, I suppose my fascination is justified. I won't hesitate to return for the amazing linguine. Pika's advice: Do take your time looking through the repertoire of dessert items they've got to offer. To be honest, I was pretty overwhelmed myself!

Bakerzin

1 HarbourFront Walk
#01-207 VivoCity
Singapore
(Daily: 10.00am - 10.00pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market