TRY: Sbarro

A delicious, huge pizza slice with sausages, olives and jalapenos!

Welcome to Istanbul, Turkey! After being awake for as long as I could remember, all I needed was a bed for me to sleep well. Before going to the nearby airport hotel, I quickly grabbed an early dinner. As you can see, it wasn't a full-fledged Turkish meal, though there were elements of it. :P


Mega Menu ₺26.00 (~S$12.85)

I went for the comprehensive menu to fill myself up at around 5.00pm.


Mediterranean Salad (Set Menu)
Taste: 6.5/10

I started my dinner with a cup of salad comprising lettuce leaves, feta cheese cubes, olives and corns. Overall, the ingredients were acceptably fresh, though I was hoping to have more of the black olives.


Lentil Soup (Set Menu)
Taste: 7/10

Lentil soup is close to the heart of Turkish people. Sbarro did alright in preparing the classic soup, which was pretty creamy and not short of flavours.


Spaghetti (Set Menu)
Taste: 6.5/10

The spaghetti wasn't seasoned at all, so I had to use the condiments provided at the counter to make it tasty myself. It could be more al dente, but it wasn't bad.


Sausage Pizza (Set Menu)
Taste: 8/10

The big pizza of my choice, which was of medium thickness, was warm and delicious. As can be seen from the picture, there were adequate amounts of sausage slices, olives and jalapenos that really jolted my taste buds. Pika's advice: For those who don't understand the local language like myself, you don't have to bother finding out the name of the pizza to order; just point to the one you fancy.


Ice Cream (Set Menu)

A generic vanilla ice cream was served as dessert. It was enjoyably sweet and creamy.


Coca-Cola (Set Menu)

"Things go to better with Coke", don't you think? That's actually the 1963 slogan in the USA.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10

I didn't regret at all having the pizza. Stay tuned for more interesting eateries in Turkey!

Sbarro

Mezzanine Floor
Istanbul Ataturk Airport
Istanbul
Turkey
(Daily: 6.00am - 3.00am)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]