SIN: Mid-Autumn 2015 Mooncakes @ Bakerzin

Smooth lotus paste infused with jasmine so fragrant!

Today is 2015 Mid-Autumn Festival! This is the fourth time I'm going to write about mooncakes in this blog, and apparently I've never written a single thing on traditional baked ones. Hence, a few days ago, I decided to get some from Bakerzin.


Mini Oriental Collection S$56.00

To be honest, I really can't recall when was the last time I bought traditional baked mooncakes before this year. Anyway, I enjoyed the ones from Bakerzin as they weren't excessively sweet and not heavy on the palate.


Black and White Sesame Baked Mooncake
Taste: 8/10

For sesame lovers like me, I enjoyed the smooth, dark-coloured lotus paste infused with the goodness of the seeds. The interspersed black and white sesame seeds gave a nice crunch as a contrast.


Ginger Baked Mooncake
Taste: 8/10

While the lotus paste wasn't as smooth as the rest of the flavours, it wasn't bad at all. I relished the ginger bits embedded inside. 


Jasmine Baked Mooncake
Taste: 8.5/10

Jasmine was the best flavour in this particular collection due to its clean fragrance. Simplicity at its best, I suppose. 


Pandan and Red Bean Coconut Baked Mooncake
Taste: 8/10

The one with the most ingredients was pretty interesting. The aroma of pandan was there, juxtaposed by the earthy red bean mash. I could have more of the grated coconut though.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10

What would be a better way of enjoying mooncake while watching fireworks from your bedroom? :) Pika's advice: While the sale this year has closed, I hope these flavours will appear again next year if you're interested to try.


Bakerzin

63 Jurong West Central 2
#03-58/59 Jurong Point
Singapore
(Only during the mid-autumn festival!)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]