HKG: Evergreen Hotel (萬年青酒店) [Breakfast]

Nice sweet, sour and spicy spiral pasta for breakfast~

To end the December 2015 food trip series (finally!), I shall review the buffet breakfast that I had at Evergreen Hotel (3*). I chose the hotel due to its very close proximity to the famous Temple Street Night Market, where my favourite Duo Bao Mei Shi - with its deep-fried intestines on sticks - is.


Assorted Stuff #1

I enjoyed the corkscrew pasta that came with sweet, sour and slightly spicy sauce. The potato salad was quite creamy, but the vegetables for the salad could be fresher. The huge sausage slices were quite meaty.


Assorted Stuff #2

There wasn't a huge spread of items to go with plain rice, but the chicken wings in soy sauce were flavourful and succulent. The siew mai, that yellow-skinned fish dumpling, was too chewy for my liking without much of the white meat taste.


Assorted Stuff #3

The spaghetti was pretty decent, but the rest of the items on the plate wasn't memorable. In contrast to the big sausage described earlier, the small sausage was dehydrated.


Jelly & Fruit Cocktail

I was so excited when I saw the fruit jelly with shredded coconuts being displayed on the buffet table. It has always reminded me of my exchange days at HKUST. The canned fruit cocktail was, well, nothing more than being ordinary.


Coffee & Orange Cordial Drink

The cup of coffee that I had wasn't particularly rich. I felt that the orange cordial drink wasn't chilled enough.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Overall: 7/10

Pika's advice: If you fancy it, the hotel serves Coca-Cola for breakfast. Pink panda soft toy, anyone? It was featured in a short animation during Christmas last year.


Below is a shot of the ever-interesting and magnificent 1881 Heritage with the grand decoration that changes periodically. 


I'll definitely be back to HK this year. Stay tuned for more tasty stuff!

Evergreen Hotel
(萬年青酒店)

40 Woosung Street
Jordan
Hong Kong
(Daily: 6.30am - 11.00am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market