SIN: PastAmore

Decent fettuccine with pink sauce, but not enough mushrooms...

When I first heard the name of the restaurant, I thought that was 'pasta' joined with 'more'. After looking more closely to the capitalisation in the middle, I've eventually come to a realisation that the name is actually a concatenation of 'pasta' and the Italian word for 'love': amore.


"How lovely was the food?" You asked. Do continue reading to find out.


Parmigiana di Melanzane S$20.50
Taste: 7.5/10

I started off with a vegetarian-friendly appetiser of baked eggplants in tomato sauce that had an acceptable sweet and sour balance, but it could be more in terms of its quantity. The blanket of mozzarella cheese complemented the sauce with its mildly salty profile.


Diavola Pizza S$20.50
Taste: 7/10

The so-called devil's style pizza wasn't that devilish as the pepperoni slices used weren't spicy. I'd also prefer them to be slightly crispy, besides having more tomato sauce on the pizza that was neither too thin nor too thick. The overall taste was alright, so I wouldn't complain about it.


Fettuccine alla Boscaiola S$21.50
Taste: 7.5/10

I felt that the fettuccine could be slightly more al dente, but it was by no means badly cooked. The pink sauce was pretty creamy and had an adequate amount of bacon slices, but not so much the chopped porcini mushrooms. There were quite a lot of chopped onions that lent some sweetness to the dish.


Panna Cotta S$11.80
Taste: 4/10

That was probably one of the worst panna cotta (lit. cooked cream) that I've ever had in my life, but I could still finish it. Just by looking at its appearance, I could tell that it was dehydrated. Besides that, it tasted strongly of vanilla milk powder. I guess the only redeeming feature was the chocolate sauce.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6.5/10
Ambience: 7/10
Service: 7.5/10
Overall: 7/10

Truth be told, I didn't fall in love with the restaurant, and I doubt I will. Pika's advice: For interested parties, do keep a lookout on special events organised by the restaurant, such as Italian BBQ night.

PastAmore

39 Rochester Park
Singapore
(Mon-Fri: 11.00am - 3.00pm, 6.00pm - 11.00pm; Sat-Sun: 11.00am - 3.00pm, 5.00pm - 11.00pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ656 (Economy)