SIN: Starbucks

Is the breakfast set from the leading coffee chain worth it?

I'm not the kind of person who goes to Starbucks regularly. In fact, I can count with my fingers the number of times I drop by the famous coffee chain every year. What I really fancy is the smooth and creamy green tea latte, but the focus of this review is on the Breakfast Set that's available until 11.30am on weekdays and 2.30pm on weekends and public holidays.


The nearest branch to my house is at The Central at Clarke Quay, where I had my breakfast last weekend.


Croque Madame Puff + Black Coffee S$6.90
Taste: 7.5/10

Contained within the mildly buttery puff pastry were oozy egg, turkey ham and half a cherry tomato, bathing in white sauce that was slightly creamy. I felt that the outer layer could be crispier, but the balance of flavours was there. The black coffee was robust enough without being overly bitter.


Rosemary Chicken and Emmental Cheese Croissant + Peppermint Tea S$6.90
Taste: 6/10

First of all, it was a pity that the croissant was a bit soggy. I actually found the mayonnaise rosemary chicken pretty tasty and aromatic, but it wasn't that creamy. Apart from that, the emmental cheese was somewhat stale. The potent peppermint tea was pretty effective in washing everything down the throat. 

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Overall: 7/10

Having left unimpressed with the savoury breakfast items, I don't think I'll ever had breakfast at Starbucks again. I'll just stick to my favourite drink next time. Pika's advice: There are sweet breakfast items that you may want to try, such as pancakes and almond croissant.

Starbucks

6 Eu Tong Sen Street
#01-29 The Central
Singapore
(Mon-Thu, Sun: 7.30am - 12 midnight; Fri-Sat: 24 hours)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market