SAU: Alfursan Lounge @ King Abdulaziz International Airport

Free-flow naturally sweet, caramel-like Sukariya dates!

Welcome to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia! My BFF and I couldn't possibly go out of the airport, of course, although we had about five hours to kill before catching the next flight to Jakarta, Indonesia. As there wasn't much to do at the boring terminal building, we spent most of the time at Saudia's Alfursan Lounge.


It was only an hour after we entered the lounge that the four cooked dishes shown in the picture above were ready.


Lentil Soup

Compared to the one I had a few hours before at Skyteam Lounge @ Istanbul Ataturk Airport, the lentil soup at served at Alfursan Lounge was piping hot. I sprinkled some black pepper on the soup that was creamy and rich enough for my liking.


Assorted Stuff #1

The vegetables at the salad bar were of acceptable freshness. I ate them with a bit of bottled balsamic vinegar that was delectably piquant. I shared a plate of cheese, dried apricot and walnut with my BFF.


Assorted Stuff #2

The saffron rice was aromatic, going well with the chicken laden with sweet and sour sauce. The creamy vegetable stew was nothing special, while the minced beef croquettes didn't have much filling.


Fruits & Yogurt

A range of Arabic pastry was seen, some of which were the very same ones I had in the previous flight with Saudia. I also had quite a few of the awesome Sukariya dates. The Opera cake was moist, while the colourful fruits were pretty fresh.


Beverages

To keep myself awake, I had a cup of cappuccino, which turned out to be of medium strength. My BFF had the double chocolate milk that was quite rich. For something refreshing, I'd recommend the chilled lime and mint beverage. Pika's advice: To those who enjoy Arabic coffee, you can drink as many cups as you want at the lounge.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 6/10
Overall: 6.5/10

While the food was alright, the lounge was pretty crowded and thus not so peaceful.


Alfursan Lounge @ King Abdulaziz International Airport

South Terminal
King Abdulaziz International Airport
Jeddah
Saudi Arabia
(Twenty Four / Seven)

*No separate price given as lounge access is included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]