GUY: Brandsville Hotel [Breakfast]

Fish and chips without fries, but something else!

My BFF and I stayed at Brandsville Hotel (3*) in Georgetown, Guyana, which is located in a somewhat quiet neighbourhood that's quite a distance away from the downtown area. The restaurant serves semi-buffet breakfast that, if not included in the room rate, isn't really worth paying for.


Fried Fish and Plantains

One cooked-to-order dish, as well as eggs of your choice, is available daily. On one of the days, I had a plate of fish and chips that was decent. Instead of fries, they served fried plantain strips that were lightly salted.


Omelette

I could tell that the omelette, which came with chopped chilis, carrots and spring onions, wasn't cooked with milk. Seasoned with a bit of salt and pepper, it was somewhat moist.


Bread

You can have as many bread slices as you want from the buffet table. For the first time in my life, I had watermelon jam. Unfortunately, it tasted rather artificial. On the other hand, the passion fruit jam was enjoyably sweet and sour.


Instant Oatmeal

You can also find instant oatmeal of various flavours on the buffet table. During my stay there, I had the blueberry flavour, which I found to be nice. I also gave the banana flavour a try, which was sweeter than the former.


Watermelon

The staff gave each guest a plate of watermelon slices. I had no complaints as they were pretty sweet and juicy.


Slushie & Coffee

Each person was also given a glass of slushie presumably made of fruit punch cordial. I made my own coffee using the instant coffee and milk powder provided.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6.5/10
Ambience: 5/10
Overall: 6/10

The breakfast area isn't the most inviting compared to those of other hotels I've stayed at, but it's certainly functional. Pika's advice: Based on experience, the cook may not be there yet at 7.30am to cook the dish and/or eggs for you. There's a higher likelihood of him being around from 8.00am onwards, I think.


Brandsville Hotel

89-90 Pike Street
Georgetown
Guyana
(Daily: 7.30am - 10.00am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market