FIN: Hilton Helsinki Airport [Breakfast]

Free flow pickled herring really made my day!

Back in Helsinki, Finland, my BFF and I decided to stay at Hilton Helsinki Airport (5*) for one night as we landed at around 10.40pm and we didn't want to rush to go to town. It was certainly a pity that our stay was short, but we truly enjoyed quality buffet breakfast the next day.


Assorted Stuff #1

As always, I started with some vegetables to kickstart my day. That pickled beetroot slice aside, they were fresh and crisp, going well with the pesto sauce. I was obviously overjoyed when I saw pickled herring and smoked mackerel as part of the buffet spread, along with salami and cheese.


Assorted Stuff #2

Most of the hot items were good, but not extraordinary. What I enjoyed the most was the egg cake that was full of flavours. The sautéed vegetables, as well as baby potatoes, were executed well with just an adequate amount of oil. I also had a shot at the rice-filled Karelian pasty, which was mildly rich. Pika's advice: I didn't take a picture of perfectly poached eggs at 64 degree Celsius, but egg lovers should certainly grab one or two to complete your breakfast.


Assorted Stuff #3

By looking at their appearance, I could tell that the croissant and cinnamon danish were crispy. They were indeed, but the former could be more buttery. The bilberry cake was pretty dense with a comfortable level of sweetness. Anyway, my finger was so itchy when I saw some banana chips in a jar, so I took a few.


Fruits

I was impressed by not only the variety, but also the freshness of the fruits displayed on the buffet table. A special mention goes to the grapefruit slices that were so zesty, as well as the kiwi that was had an almost perfect sweet and sour balance.


Beverages

"Coffee or tea?" asked one of the staff. I went for the former, which was fragrant, but could be more robust in terms of taste. Better still were the chilled homemade smoothies: berries + honey + milk and mango + apple + orange.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8.5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

I'd love to eat more, but I didn't want to get too full to allow room for lunch and dinner for the day.


Hilton Helsinki Airport

Lentäjänkuja 1
Vantaa
Finland
(Daily: 6.00am - 10.00am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market