FIN: Hotel Anna [Breakfast]

My taste buds were jolted by preserved strawberries!

Hotel Anna (3*) was the last hotel that my BFF and I stayed at during our June trip. When the hotel first began its operation in 1985, breakfast used to be served in a small room on the 5th floor. As business began picking up, it had to dedicate a bigger space for guests to enjoy their buffet breakfast.


Assorted Stuff #1

I saw many people making their own rye bread sandwiches stuffed with cheese, smoked ham, smoked salmon and some vegetables. I, on the other hand, chose not to have them in the form of a sandwich. I recall the smoked ham being the nicest item.


Assorted Stuff #2

The bacon strips weren't dry, but not that moist either. Besides a hard-boiled egg, I also took some of the supposedly scrambled eggs, which turned out to be rather unscrambled. They were pretty velvety, but could be milkier.


Bread

I had a slice of rye bread with strawberry jam, as well as a delectable custard danish that was the star of the breakfast. Topped with almond slices, the latter was adequately sweet and buttery, but it wasn't crispy at all.


Yogurt with Preserved Strawberries

I remember there were fresh fruits at the buffet table, but they were mostly apples and oranges. Too lazy to peel any, I went to get a small bowl of plain yogurt topped with preserved strawberries, which turned out to be quite sour instead of sweet.


Beverages

Apart from a glass of cherry juice that was sourer than it was sweet, I also had a mug of coffee with creamer that was pretty ordinary. I was hoping for something more aromatic.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6.5/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Overall: 6.5/10

There wasn't anything to rave about the breakfast, but it wasn't bad for sure. Pika's advice: It's advisable to grab your breakfast before 9.00am to avoid the crowd.


Hotel Anna

Annankatu 1
Helsinki
Finland
(Mon-Sat: 7.00am - 10.00am;
Sun: 8.00am - 11.00pm)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)