FIN: Mumin Kaffe

Have some snacks and drinks with your favourite Moomin characters!

I was so sad when I got to know that Moomin Café at Harbour City in HK closed down. During our visit to Helsinki, Finland, my BFF and I made it a point to drop by one of such establishments. It turned out that we went to the original branch, which isn't that far from Kaisaniemi Botanical Garden and Helsinki Cathedral.


Pikachu, together with Moominmamma, was getting ready to dig in.


Karelian Pasty with Egg Butter €3.50 (~S$5.45)
Taste: 7/10

Over the span of three weeks, I've had four of those traditional pasties filled with rice at different places. The one prepared by Mumin Kaffe that afternoon was good enough. The egg butter was velvety, though I was hoping that it'd be richer.


Quiche €5.90 (~S$9.25)
Taste: 7.5/10

Another savoury treat that we shared was the ham and cheese quiche. Served warm, it came with an adequate amount of the ingredients mentioned. The side salad, which didn't have any dressings, was fresh. Pika's advice: The café sells gluten-free quiche at €6.90 (~S$10.80).


Chocolate Cake €6.50 (~S$9.25)
Taste: 8/10

Upon seeing a seemingly rich chocolate cake sitting inside the glass counter, I couldn't resist to try it. Indeed, the chocolate was thick enough without being cloying. It earned another plus point from me for not being too sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10

I'll definitely upload more photos at a later date in my travel blog.


Mumin Kaffe

Liisankatu 21
Helsinki
Finland
(Daily: 10.00am - 6.00pm)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market