SIN: Jew Kit

Serving delicious Hainanese chicken rice since 1992!

Welcome back! Today's review is on Jew Kit, a brand founded by Mr Teo Jew Kit from Hainan, China. From its humble beginning in 1992, it has grown to four restaurants and three stalls serving at the point of writing. I had lunch at one of its branches at Far East Plaza.


I always love to see rooster utensils being used.


Set C S$6.00
Taste: 8.5/10

The restaurant offers a few set meals, from which I opted for one of the individual options with braised egg, beancurd, cucumbers and salted vegetables as side dishes. Besides the rice being flavourful and fragrant, the chicken was succulent enough for my liking. The chili was adequately spicy, but could be more aromatic. 


Beef Hor Fun with Special Sauce S$8.00
Taste: 8.5/10

Another main course that I tried was the rice noodle doused with thick, dark gravy which ingredients are kept secret from the public. I recall it was bursting with flavours, having heady garlic aroma. The beef slices were really springy, but there wasn't any vegetables on the plate.


Pork Ribs with Salted Egg Yolk S$16.00
Taste: 8/10

Given that the ongoing salted egg yolk fad doesn't show signs of slowing down, I sampled the pork ribs that were lightly breaded before being fried and smothered in the golden sauce. I found the pork ribs to be pretty tender. The sauce was delectable and a bit spicy, thanks to bird's eye chilis, but it could be slightly less thick.


Black Glutinous Rice S$6.90
Taste: 6.5/10

There are only two choices for dessert. Since the other option of Pumpkin Yam Paste seems too much for two people, I went for the black glutinous rice dessert topped with vanilla ice cream. I'd prefer it to be less watery, but I was certainly glad that it wasn't exceedingly sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Service: 7.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10

I'm sure I'll be back to Jew Kit someday, but I'll skip dessert. Pika's advice: The restaurant is happy to arrange a mini buffet for S$10.80 per pax with a minimum of 20 people.

Jew Kit

14 Scotts Road
#02-10/11/12/13 Far East Plaza
Singapore
(Daily: 10.00am - 9.00pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market