SIN: Aromas of India

Oven-roasted fish served on a boat-shaped plate~

Would you believe me if I say that last year was the first time I went to Mustafa Centre in Little India? With a newfound love for it, I found myself going to the district a little bit more often. Not too far from the 24-hour shopping centre is Aromas of India that bears the motto “Ultimate Client Satisfaction”.


Do you prefer northern or southern Indian dishes?


Papadum

I go crazy whenever I see papadum (Indian thin and crisp disc made from black gram). Four pieces were served for my BFF and me. They were crispy and salty enough for my liking.


Palak Pakora S$6.90
Taste: 8.5/10

My all-time favourite appetiser dish of deep-fried chopped spinach in batter was executed well. The chickpea flour coating the spinach was mixed with an adequate amount of spices that made it aromatic. They were accompanied by some sweet chutney with chopped mint leaves.


Fish Tikka S$14.90
Taste: 8/10

Aromas of India is reputable for its tandoori (Indian dishes roasted in a clay oven), so I decided to try one of them. Marinated in yogurt and red chili powder, the fish cubes were firm, flaky and flavourful. Having said that, they could be moister. The onions served on the side were naturally sweet.


Palak Paneer S$12.90
Taste: 8/10

As if I hadn't already had enough spinach, I ordered a bowl of palak paneer (Indian spinach purĂ©e with cottage cheese) to go with some flatbread. Simmered with tomatoes, chilis, ginger and garlic, it was velvety enough for my liking without being cloying. They were pretty generous with the amount of cottage cheese cubes.


Cheese Naan S$3.90
Taste: 7.5/10

There are lots of varieties of bread listed in the menu booklet. I'd never heard of some of them before, but I decided to go for something familiar. The flatbread filled with cheese tasted fine. Pika's advice: If you haven't tried flatbread filled with nuts and dried fruits, why not order Peswari Naan for the same price? 


Gulab Jamun S$3.90
Taste: 8/10

The dinner ended with fried milky balls flavoured with cardamom. They were dipped in rose-scented sugar syrup before being garnished with almond crumbs. Traditionally, those balls are made from khoya, which is milk reduced to the consistency of a soft dough, but many modern recipes use dried or powdered milk.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 7.5/10

It's interesting to see that their website comes with a live chat feature. 

Aromas of India

60 Race Course Road
Singapore
(Fri-Wed: 11.00am - 3.00pm, 6.00pm - 11.00pm)

*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)