IDN: J Hotel [Breakfast]

I love thick Indonesian chicken congee!

Here's the last post to wrap up my December 2018 food adventure series. Before flying back to Singapore, my BFF and I spent a night at J Hotel (3*) in Jakarta, Indonesia, which is located within 15 minutes from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport by car. The hotel serves buffet breakfast from 5.00am daily.


Assorted Stuff

The cooked items on the buffet line were average at best. The fried rice and stir-fried rice vermicelli were very much edible, but not so flavourful. The chili fish, chicken cooked in coconut milk and stir-fried mixed vegetable dishes could be moister.


Chicken Congee

I love Indonesian congee due to its thick consistency. The hotel's version didn't disappoint at all, although the you tiao (Chinese cruller) pieces were rather stale. To the lightly seasoned congee, I added a bit of light soy sauce and chicken broth.


Omelette

I requested for an omelette from the egg station. When asked whether I'd like to have bird's eye chilis in my omelette, I nodded my head. Full of ingredients including stringy cheese, it turned out to be quite spicy, but tasty.


Pastry & Dessert

I took a slightly savoury mini pizza bun, which seems to be popular among Indonesians. I quite enjoyed the chewy sweet potato ball topped with shredded coconuts and chocolate danish, even though the latter wasn't that crispy. However, the strawberry cake, as well as the green bean soup, was too sweet for my liking.


Fruits

The watermelon cubes were pretty sweet and juicy, but the same didn't apply to the rather dry honeydew and papaya cubes.


Latte & Honeydew Juice

The latte wasn't fantastic as it was rather thin. I also had a glass of freshly squeezed honeydew juice that was mildly sweet.


Aloe Vera Drink

I took a gamble by taking an unlabelled bottle from the beverage fridge, which turned out to be aloe vera that was adequately sweetened. Pika's advice: The hotel offers a variety of traditional herbal drinks, some of which are shown on the table stand. However, since some of them aren't labelled, you may want to ask the staff which one is which.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6/10
Ambience: 7/10
Overall: 6.5/10

There was only one other guest at the restaurant when we went down for breakfast at 7.20am.


J Hotel

Jalan Perancis No. 9
Jakarta
Indonesia
(Daily: 5.00am - 10.00am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ656 (Economy)