SIN: Dome Café {CLOSED}

Last dinner at Dome Café in Singapore...

UPDATE (24/06/2019): The café has closed down.

Dome started out as a small coffee roasting business in Perth, Australia in the 1980s. Dome Cafés have been around in Singapore for more than 20 years, but there's only one branch left now at Parkway Parade. Having said that, it's been made known that the remaining branch is going to cease its operation on 23 June 2019.


I've been to the now defunct branch at Plaza Singapura some time ago twice, but not the one at Parkway Parade. For the first and the last time, I decided to have dinner at the latter. However, I didn't try its coffee as I usually don't take caffeine in the evening.


Garlic Cheese Bread S$10.00
Taste: 6.5/10

For appetiser, I usually go for something more interesting than garlic bread. However, I was craving for some that day, thus I decided to try those topped with wiry cheese that didn't offer much flavour. While adequately cruunchy, I felt that the bread could have more chopped garlic.


Bacon Carbonara S$18.00
Taste: 5.5/10

Topped with the same wiry cheese used for the garlic bread, the carbonara fell short of my expectations. While the linguine was cooked well, the cream sauce wasn't particularly rich, not to mention that there wasn't enough of it. The smoky bacon were flavourful, but rather dry.


Pan-Seared Salmon S$20.00
Taste: 8/10

Fortunately, the pan-seared salmon that was sitting on a bed of beautifully coloured mixed grain rice was delectable. Besides being fresh and moist, the salmon had an enjoyably crispy skin. It came with broccolini and honey mustard sauce that was sweet and tangy.


Green Tea Marble Cheesecake S$8.00
Taste: 8/10

I was attracted to the looks of the green tea marble cheesecake, although deep inside I was wondering whether it'd taste good. My scepticism was quelled the moment I sank my teeth into it. Juxtaposed with the richness of the cheesecake, the green tea flavour and aroma was intense enough for my liking.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 7/10
Service: 7.5/10
Overall: 7/10

I've never been to Down Under till date, but I'm interested to visit one of the Dome Cafés there. Pika's advice: It's said that, as part of its farewell campaign, the café has reintroduced some of its classic items, such as Original Club Sandwich and Iced Mocha with Ice Cream served in its signature mug. They are priced at S$16.00 and S$6.90 respectively.

Dome Café

80 Marine Parade Road
#01-69A/K5/K6 Parkway Parade
Singapore
(Daily: 9.00am - 9.30pm)

*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)