CAN: Bear's Paw Bakery

"Baking the world a better place!"

Bear's Paw Bakery is a popular spot to have a quick bite in Jasper, Canada. As my BFF and I were staying at Jasper Downtown Hostel that doesn't provide breakfast, we dropped by Bear's Paw Bakery in the morning before taking Jasper SkyTram and conquering the summit of Whistlers Mountain.


There aren't many seats inside the bakery, but we managed to get the two nearest to the door.


Sausage Roll C$2.55 (~S$2.65)
Taste: 8.5/10

Served warm, the sausage roll was appetising. The pastry was flaky, just the way I like it. I felt that it could be slightly more buttery though.


The homemade sausage made of minced pork, garlic and onions was juicy and savoury. It was seasoned with black pepper that provided a kick on the tongue.


Sticky Cinnamon Bun C$3.50 (~S$3.65)
Taste: 8.5/10

I was told by someone I met at the hostel about the bakery's amazing sticky cinnamon bun. The moment I sank my teeth into the nicely glazed bun, I could understand why he'd vouch for it. It was soft, gooey and fragrant.


Red Eye Coffee C$3.60 (~S$3.75)
Taste: 8/10

For the wake-me-up drink, I had a cup of medium-dark roast coffee fortified with a shot of espresso. It was strong and fragrant enough with just a little bit of a bitter aftertaste. It came with a chocolate ball shown in the very first photo of this post.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8.5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

Run by the same owner is The Other Paw Bakery Café, which is nearer to VIA Rail - Jasper train station. Pika's advice: Given the name of the bakery, you may want to try the Bear's Paw, which is basically a cinnamon roll, with or without raisins. I'm not sure how much does it cost though.


Bear's Paw Bakery

4 Pyramid Lake Road
Jasper
Alberta
Canada
(Daily: 6.00am - 6.00pm)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ656 (Economy)