CAN: Lou Lou's Breakfast & Pizzeria

Have you tried 'donair' pizza before?

Lou Lou's Breakfast & Pizzeria is conveniently located near Jasper Downtown Hostel where my BFF and I stayed at for 4D3N. We dropped by the eatery once for breakfast. Besides that, we also ordered a pizza there on one of the evenings after a long walk from Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.


First of all, let's take a look at the pizza that we took away.


Great Donair Pizza (10") C$20.25 (~S$21.15)
Taste: 8.5/10

Donair is Canada's variation of doner (Turkish meat cooked on a vertical rotisserie). The moment I opened the box, I was wondering where was the meat.


The sliced beef was apparently hidden underneath the layer of cheese that came with something akin to sweet mayonnaise and topped with tomato cubes. Each slice was crunchy and bursting with flavours.


Shaved Beef Skillet C$15.75 (~S$16.45)
Taste: 8/10

Topped with chopped spring onions, the combination of shaved beef, potatoes, mushrooms, red peppers, onions and eggs was tasty. It came with crunchy toast placed on each side. To be frank, I was somewhat disappointed that my choice of main course wasn't actually served on a skillet.


Lou Lou's Omelette C$14.75 (~S$15.40)
Taste: 7.5/10

The signature omelette was enjoyable, but definitely not the best I've had. It was loaded with chicken, red peppers, onions and cheddar cheese, but certainly could be moister. It was served with toast and lightly seasoned roasted potato cubes. Pika's advice: For the protein, you can opt for ham, bacon or sausage instead of chicken.


Coffee (Free-Flow) C$1.95 (~S$2.05)
Taste: 7.5/10

I had two cups of the free-flow coffee that was pretty fragrant. I didn't add anything to my first cup, which was good enough to jolt me awake. For the second cup, I added some creamer and honey.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 7/10
Overall: 7.5/10

The breakfast menu is available daily from 8.00am to 2.00pm.


Lou Lou's Breakfast & Pizzeria

407 Patricia Street
Jasper
Alberta
Canada
(Daily: 8.00am - 11.00pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 5% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)