CAN: Cathay Pacific Lounge @ Vancouver International Airport

Raise your hand if you love briny egg noodle!

Cathay Pacific operates an airport lounge at Vancouver International Airport adjacent to Gate 67 of the International Departure area, offering "a tranquil haven complemented by scenic mountain views". Prior to our morning flight to Hong Kong, my BFF and I made it a point to have breakfast at the lounge.


First of all, let's take a look at the a la carte Chinese dishes available at the noodle bar. Pika's advice: For those who prefer a Western dish, fret not. I saw Eggs Benedict on the menu that morning, but I didn't try it.


Dim Sum

Out of the three types of dim sum items available, my favourite would be the shrimp dumplings, each featuring a succulent shrimp encased in an enjoyably chewy skin. The steamed pork dumplings were good too, while the filling of the BBQ pork bun could be sweeter. I really enjoyed the chili oil that gave a strong kick to the taste buds.


Yam Congee

I couldn't really find any faults on the congee, although it was rather watery for my liking. The yam cubes were earthy. For the toppings, I added some spring onions, peanuts and crunchy picked lettuce that reminded me of my childhood.


Wanton Noodle in Soup

The typical Hong Kong egg noodle was chewy and briny, but not overwhelmingly so. The wantons filled with minced pork and prawns were quite meaty and juicy. The soup was mildly sweet.


Assorted Stuff #1

From the buffet table, I took a bit of salad greens and corn kernels mixed with chopped bell peppers. To satiate my craving for crunchy stuff, I also had crinkle-cut potato chips and mini pretzels. 


Assorted Stuff #2

I wasn't too sure whether to take one of the carrot cake slices from the fridge at first as they didn't look particularly impressive. I eventually did, and was rewarded with its delectable taste. I also had a cup of peach yogurt and a crunchy apple. 


Cappuccino & Canada Dry Club Soda

I had a cup of frothy mocha that had a bit too much chocolate that somewhat masked the aroma of the coffee. I washed everything off at the end with crisp soda water.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

Take note that the lounge is licensed to serve alcoholic beverages only from 9.00am to 2.00am.


Cathay Pacific Lounge @ Vancouver International Airport

International Departure, Near Gate 67
Vancouver International Airport
British Columbia
Canada
(Daily: 3.5 hours before any flight departures)

*No separate price given as lounge access is included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market