HKG: The Pier @ Hong Kong International Airport

Have some tea by Jing with pineapple bun and/or egg tart at the teahouse!

The Pier is Cathay Pacific's largest lounge at Hong Kong International Airport, which my BFF and I visited during our layover in Hong Kong before flying off to Hanoi, Vietnam. We spent some time at the noodle bar to sample a few dishes before relaxing at the teahouse, which is unique to this particular lounge.


The noodle bar was pretty busy that afternoon, while the teahouse had less guests and thus quieter.


Dan Dan Noodle

Out of the four noodle dishes offered that afternoon, I was most interested to try the egg noodle in peanut sauce, which turned out to be enjoyably creamy and savoury. Given some chili oil, it was a little bit spicy, providing enough kick on the taste buds.


Laksa Noodle

I also shared a bowl of laksa (Peranakan dish of noodle in rich coconut gravy) with my BFF. Topped with a beancurd and quite a big slab of fish cake, it was adequately rich for my liking without being overly spicy.


Custard Bun & BBQ Pork Bun

For the custard bun, I was actually hoping that the filling would be runnier. Nevertheless, it was delectably sweet and savoury at the same time. Given its moist filling, The BBQ pork bun was better than the one I had earlier at Cathay Pacific Lounge @ Vancouver International Airport.


Assorted Stuff #1

From the small buffet table at the noodle bar, I tried some beef slices that were pretty tender, but hadn't been marinated long enough. The fried rice and vegetable dumpling turned out to be bland. The cucumbers with salted fermented soybeans were overcooked.


Assorted Stuff #2

At the teahouse, I tried a pineapple bun that was adequately buttery for my liking, but the topping was neither crunchy nor crumbly enough. The egg tart was pretty good with a velvety centre, while the mini fruit tart had that sweet and sour balance that I was looking for.


Jade Sword Tea & Rise and Shine Juice

You can expect a selection of tea by Jing at the teahouse. I decided to try the organic green tea with a spring fresh, grassy aroma that was delightful. I also had a refreshing drink made of grapefruit, pineapple, lemon, lime and lemongrass. Pika's advice: You may also want to try other concoctions, such as Time Traveller (orange, lemon, celery and romaine lettuce) and Beet the Blues (beetroot, apple, carrot and mint).

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10

I didn't try anything from the food hall, which features a much larger buffet spread, including Western dishes, compared to the one at the noodle bar.


The Pier @ Hong Kong International Airport

Level 6, Near Gate 65
Hong Kong International Airport
Hong Kong
(Daily: 5.30am - 12.30am)

*No separate price given as lounge access is included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market