FJI: Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa [Breakfast]

Possible to DIY Indonesian style porridge!

Out of the few resorts available on Denarau Island, Fiji, my BFF and I decided to try Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa (5*) out. It certainly felt great to stay in one of the spacious one-bedroom beachfront villas without having to worry about anything. The buffet breakfast didn't quite impress me though.


Assorted Stuff #1

The salad greens were adequately fresh, but the sun-dried tomato was too hard to chew. I relished the cold cuts and the crispy hash brown. I noticed that the latter ran out quickly and was constantly replenished. The vegetable quiche had a mild taste, while the scrambled eggs could be runnier. 


Assorted Stuff #2

The fried rice was so-so, but the vegetable spring roll was pretty delicious. The chive dumpling was a bit sticky on the teeth though, while the vegetable curry didn't leave a good impression. As mentioned on top of the review, I tried to assemble my own Indonesian style chicken porridge from the ingredients available.


Omelette

At the omelette station, I requested for one with all the available ingredients: ham slices, mushrooms, capsicums, tomatoes, onions, chilis, coriander and cheese. It turned out to be a tad overcooked for my liking, but indeed it was substantial inside. It wasn't spicy at all though.


Assorted Stuff #3

What I really enjoyed on the plate would be the fluffy pancake with honey, as well as the aromatic banana cake. The danish was buttery, but not crispy, and there wasn't anything special about the muffin and the bread pudding. I feel that the size of each item could be reduced, so as to allow guests to be able to have more varieties without getting full too fast.


Fruits & Yogurt

I felt that the cut fruits could be fresher, with the exception of the watermelon that was really sweet and juicy. Besides that, the old coconut was almost impossible to eat. Both the strawberry and the mango yogurt cups had quite a lot of the said fruits.


Tea & Orange and Mango Juice

My BFF and I shared a pot of tea, which was of medium strength and mildly fragrant. I also tried the orange and mango juice that was sweet enough, but there was a slightly bitter aftertaste.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

Pika's advice: It's possible to have adults-only breakfast at Maravu from 8.00am till 11.00am for a quieter environment, perhaps. While the buffet breakfast didn't meet my relatively high expectations, it nevertheless fueled me up for the day. I really miss basking in the sun there.


The picture below was taken my last morning in Fiji. 


Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa

Denarau Island
Fiji
(Daily: 6.30am - 11.00am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)