LAO: Le Tangor

Renowned fresh tilapia ceviche in town!

The second day at Luang Prabang, Laos was filled with adventure outside of town. I'll talk more about it in my travel blog in the near future. At the end of the fun, yet tiring day, my BFF and I decided to dine and chill at Le Tangor that's famous for its signature ceviche (South American dish of marinated raw fish).


Melon and the sauce in the dish shown above are almost of the same colour. :P


Ceviche of Fish LAK 40,000 (~S$6.90)
Taste: 9/10

I was sold the moment I sank my teeth into that carefully assembled block of fresh tilapia fish that had been marinated with olive oil, lime juice, black salt and lemongrass. The natural sweetness of the fish was balanced well by the zesty marinade with its sour note. The accompanying bread was fluffy enough for me. Pika's advice: You may want to have a bigger portion of this dish (served as a main course) at LAK 80,000 (~S$13.85) per plate.


Pork Medallions of Filet Mignon LAK 70,000 (~S$12.10)
Taste: 8/10

The two pork medallions, which can't really be seen in the picture as they were underneath the sweet potato fries, were just slightly pink inside and thus retained their moisture. Made of parsley, coriander and spices, the chimichurri sauce made a good complement to the meat as it wasn't overwhelming in terms of taste and aroma.


Duck Breast LAK 135,000 (~S$14.35)
Taste: 9/10

I certainly didn't regret ordering the French-Asian fusion main course of tender duck breast laden with thick and flavourful red curry sauce. Crunchy green beans, aromatic stir-fried enoki mushrooms with butter and well-cooked rice topped with black sesame seeds made it merrier for sure.


Tarte Tatin LAK 45,000 (~S$7.80)
Taste: 8/10

After doing an eeny, meeny, miny, moe on the list of desserts, we ended up with their upside-down pastry with caramelised apples and a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream that was too small for us. Anyway, the crumbly tart was buttery enough, and so were the sweet and fragrant apples.


Confiote LAK 80,000 (~S$13.85)
Taste: 8/10

Time passed by quite slowly even as I was enjoying my cocktail over a hearty conversation with my BFF. The concoction of rum, soda, raspberry jam, lime and mint leaves was unlike any that I'd tried previously, but I must say it had quite an interesting taste profile. 

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8.5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

That was a really sumptuous dinner at the restaurant-cum-bar that's open round the clock. Below is a bonus picture of me, my BFF and a Japanese couple whom we got to interact with at the Kuang Si Falls.


Le Tangor

63/6 Sisavangvong Road
Luang Prabang
Laos
(Twenty Four / Seven)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ656 (Economy)