LAO: Luang Prabang Night Market

Fresh, flavourful grilled fish that's easy on the wallet!

Everyday before sunset when the weather is good, vendors set up their stalls along Sisavangvong Road in Luang Prabang, Laos, to make the night market happen from around 5.00pm to 11.00pm. During my 4D3N stay there, I dropped by the market every evening without fail after having dinner.


Since I didn't take Pikachu and Melon out, I put my picture up there. Haha... :P


Lao Style Crepê LAK 10,000 (~S$1.75)
Taste: 7.5/10

There are quite a few crepê stalls around, so the very first thing I tried was the local creation filled with pork floss, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and a kind of sauce that was quite savoury and spicy at the same time.


Avocado Nutella Crepê LAK 15,000 (~S$2.60)
Taste: 7/10

I wouldn't want to miss the sweet crepê, so I went for the one filled with avocado slices and Nutella spread. While the former were fresh and creamy enough, there wasn't enough of the latter.


Buffalo Sausage LAK 25,000 (~S$4.35)
Taste: 7/10

I wasn't sure if I'd ever have the chance to eat buffalo meat again, so I had my last dose in the form of a sausage. The minced red meat was mixed with garlic, herbs and red chilis, thus it was pretty spicy.


Grilled Fish LAK 30,000 (~S$5.20)
Taste: 9/10

I followed my nose that brought me to one of the stalls selling grilled food. Its grilled fish turned out to be truly fresh and well-seasoned, being crispy outside and moist inside. The accompanying chili sauce hit all the right spots.


Lemon, Mint and Honey Drink LAK 15,000 (~S$2.60)
Taste: 8/10

To wash everything down, I had a cup of ice-cold concoction of lemon, honey and mint leaves that was blended on the spot. I felt rejuvenated after a few sips, thanks to its sweet and sour balance.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10

Can we have a permanent night market here in Singapore, please? Pika's advice: There are quite a few stalls offering 'buffet'. Priced at LAK 10,000 (~S$1.75) per plate, you're free to take as many cooked food as possible to fill up your plate. Some of the dishes are shown in the picture below.


Luang Prabang Night Market

Along Sisavangvong Road
Luang Prabang
Laos
(Daily: 5.00pm - 11.00pm)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market