BRN: Sky Lounge @ Brunei International Airport

Decent Eggs Benedict, as well as Filipino garlic fried rice for brunch!

As my BFF and I had approximately two hours of layover in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei before catching the next flight to Manila, the Philippines, we spent a bit of time at the one and only lounge at Brunei International Airport.


We had a quiet brunch inside the lounge.


Assorted Stuff #1

I filled my first plate with fresh salad, drizzling it with briny anchovy dressing that was quite robust. Accompanying it were some savoury cured meat slices, cheddar cheese and a biscuit.


Assorted Stuff #2

I didn't expect to see Eggs Benedict on the buffet line, which was executed pretty well, although the Hollandaise sauce could be thicker. I tried one of the potato croquette balls, which could have a crispier outer layer. The pancake and danish were pretty good.


Assorted Stuff #3

Filipino garlic fried rice made it into the menu that morning, which turned out to be fluffy enough and pleasantly aromatic. The stir-fried noodle was kinda insipid though. I relished the creamy scrambled eggs, as well as the crunchy garlic crackers, even though I'd prefer them to be less thick.


Fruits & Yogurt

I took all the different fruits available: grape, watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe. All of them were fresh and juicy, although the watermelon slices could be sweeter. I also had a cup of aloe vera yogurt that was mildly sweet.


Coffee & Apple Juice

I had a nice cup of coffee that was fragrant and frothy enough for my liking. The chilled apple juice was imported from Saudi Arabia.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10

Pika's advice: It seems that they don't replenish the food items regularly. You may want to quickly grab what you like before they run out.


Sky Lounge @ Brunei International Airport

Mezzanine Floor
Brunei International Airport
Bandar Seri Begawan
Brunei
(Daily: 5.00am - 12 midnight)

*No separate price given as lounge access is included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]